Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julien Richard
Canada
Shediac
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game used and it was missing the solitaire module download code (I think). Is it just a piece of paper or is it somewhere in the rulebooks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was on a piece of paper in the game. Write to me to get the code. Note that the solitaire game will be given in the next issue of GMT's C3i magazine, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a small (bigger than a card) loose piece of paper (color) included in the box of the GMT version.

edit: ninja ninja'd by the designer himself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
It was on a piece of paper in the game. Write to me to get the code. Note that the solitaire game will be given in the next issue of GMT's C3i magazine, too.

Was that placed in all boxes or just recent ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
licinius wrote:

It was supposed to be in all the games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
mkiefte wrote:
licinius wrote:

It was supposed to be in all the games.

Oops. It's possible it got chucked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Richard
Canada
Shediac
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to thank you publicly Carl, that was quick and easy. I did order the C3i, as they can probably do a much better job with the components that I can. As I'm just a budding grognard, it will be my first C3i magazine. I'm a little bit scared of what it will do to my games wishlist!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong but that little slip of paper with the code seems outdated.

Just last night, I went to try and download it as written and it seems the website has been redesigned since the slip was printed. Regardless, I sort of found my way and navigated to here. Then I scrolled down to the "No Retreat! Solitaire (NR1 EXP. Kit 3)" section opened it up and found the GMT Gift Download Link. This same link reads to be Solitaire Rules v1.0.

But then, I saw that in that same area is a link for "Rules". This link requires no password and seems to be an updated version as it has Rules v1.4 in the title.

Am I missing something, or is v1.4 the latest solitaire rules set and the super secret code is no longer required?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Salimo wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but that little slip of paper with the code seems outdated.

Just last night, I went to try and download it as written and it seems the website has been redesigned since the slip was printed. Regardless, I sort of found my way and navigated to here. Then I scrolled down to the "No Retreat! Solitaire (NR1 EXP. Kit 3)" section opened it up and found the GMT Gift Download Link. This same link reads to be Solitaire Rules v1.0.

But then, I saw that in that same area is a link for "Rules". This link requires no password and seems to be an updated version as it has Rules v1.4 in the title.

Am I missing something, or is v1.4 the latest solitaire rules set and the super secret code is no longer required?

Mhhh... I have no idea about the code not necessary anymore, or the web site redesign.

Does your download also include all the event cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
Salimo wrote:

Mhhh... I have no idea about the code not necessary anymore, or the web site redesign.

Does your download also include all the event cards?

Ok, it was late last night but this morning I studied the two files and there is a difference.

Bottom line is that the GMT code is needed if you want to print and cut out the card sheet, the results tables, & the operational parameters page page. However, the rules that are in this password protected file are outdated. The most current rules v1.4 are free to anyone who clicks on the "Rules" link in the "No Retreat! Solitaire (NR1 EXP. Kit 3)" section as I stated in the previous comment.

Hope that helps, sorry for confusing anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.