David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The vote tallies now show that Mitt Romney will ultimately receive 47% of the national popular vote.

It’s (almost) official: Romney represents the 47%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
The Article wrote:
The quote didn’t, on its own, kill Romney’s chances. But for many voters, it unmistakably conveyed the worldview of a man unable to see that a member of the middle-class or the working poor might be just as hard-working, just as determined, as someone from his own privileged demographic.

I know at least 2 voters for whom this statement did affect their decision to not vote for him. One of whom was in Ohio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Wow, for anyone who's not clicking through to that story, allow me to proffer this linked gem of condensed conservative crazy: http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/how-obama-can-be-stopped-in-elect...

Stripping the Electoral College of a quorum to send the presidential election into the House of Representatives?

Spoiler alert: The Electoral College doesn't actually require a quorum laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
Spoiler alert: The Electoral College doesn't actually require a quorum laugh

Well, it's actually a pretty good idea. I don't think it's crazy. Just wrong. It's a better job of reasoning from premises to conclusions than the wingnuts usually come up with. The only problem here is that the premise was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoever held that quote so long and then released it when they did was brilliant.

I'm not even sure if there is any formal way to calculate the best time to do something like that. The quote infuriated me personally. It made Mitt personify the rich douche bags who've ripped the country off while feeling superior and calling normal people "muppets".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Well, it's actually a pretty good idea. I don't think it's crazy. Just wrong. It's a better job of reasoning from premises to conclusions than the wingnuts usually come up with. The only problem here is that the premise was wrong.

Admit it, you just like the article because the guy wrote:

"Mitt Romney was a terrible candidate, and he will not be a great president."

No. I like it because it's logically coherent, something that's pretty rare on these internets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
No. I like it because it's logically coherent, something that's pretty rare on these internets.

So basically you like any stupid twaddle as long as it's logically coherent.

Well, I don't like yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
Well, I don't like yours.

Thanks for telling me I'm logically coherent.

Hahaha! That's great, proving that you're logically incoherent by making a logically incoherent argument about how you're logically coherent. You should get an Ignobel Prize for that, or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.