Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend was looking for 2 expansions to get. She just started playing Dominion and really likes it . Which 2 should she get first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seaside and Prosperity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McClure
United States
Fowler
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prosperity brings a lot of cools stuff to the party, and a lot of folks think it is the best single expansion.

For more complex play intrigue would get it done. Some Great cards but the do this or that or that nature of many of them isn't for everyone. For people who find vanilla dominion boring or too straight forward, intrigue is the way to go.

Seaside introduces the duration mechanic, and some very cool cards. I used to say this and prosperity were the best expansions if you favored light play. Now I think hinterlands might be vying for seaside's spot. I haven't played hinterlands enough, but I think it would be a good early expansion for new dominion players.

So if they are looking for more complexity then intrigue is a good bet. Otherwise choose among
prosperity. --platinum and the colony victory card. Plus fun treasure cards.
Seaside. --duration mechanic, some very interesting and powerful cards.
Hinterlands --a good variety of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hype Buster
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
get them all, youll end up buyin them all anyway! Once you buy your first expansion its where the fun start
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van der Helm
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:
Seaside and Prosperity.

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Intrigue and Prosperity. Seaside is okay, but Intrigue really takes the base game to the next level, in my opinion, and from there Prosperity just make the whole thing shine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconding Intrigue and Prosperity. I feel as if Intrigue has more of a variety than Seaside.

And actually Dark Ages is one of my favorite expansions but probably not one I'd recommend for beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.