Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
The text for the "killer babies" gene suggests you cannot normally place new dinosaurs in occupied spaces, however the rules for placing new dinosaurs only says to place them in space adjacent to one of your dinosaurs.

So, can new dinosaurs be placed into spaces with enemies and/or your own pieces under normal conditions?

In general, my biggest confusion on first reading the rules is on when and how dinosaurs can simultaneously occupy the same space, so any clarification on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord3125 wrote:
The text for the "killer babies" gene suggests you cannot normally place new dinosaurs in occupied spaces, however the rules for placing new dinosaurs only says to place them in space adjacent to one of your dinosaurs.

So, can new dinosaurs be placed into spaces with enemies and/or your own pieces under normal conditions?

In general, my biggest confusion on first reading the rules is on when and how dinosaurs can simultaneously occupy the same space, so any clarification on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

You attack with killer babies to spaces adjecent your dinos. If the killer baby attack is successful, you will remove the enemy dinosaur and place your own newlyborn dinosaur in the space. If you fail, there is no birth and your baby dies.

Always only one dino per space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
RoadHouse wrote:
Always only one dino per space.
What about after a failed attack? Aren't there then two in a space?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or did I misunderstand how attacks work? I thought you moved your dino into the enemies space then rolled. If you roll before (thus ensuring you never share a space with them) do you then have to pay a second movement point after a successful attack to actually move into the space? or does the point pay for both the attack and the movement?

i initially thought the rules were very clearly written, but now i'm rethinking that assessment. but maybe i just read them too quickly and missed some key words...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, i reread the rules on attacking and i think i understand how it all works though i think the baby placement rules could have been more clearly worded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only move the space if you kill the enemy dino.

I think it's pretty clear. Remember that the newly borns are also dinos, so that you can place other babies adjecent to the ones placed in the same phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.