Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kim Foale
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It says on the entry there's no author, but I thought this was generally seen as the credit for the game even though the original was done with pictures.

"Invented" by the surrealists! Although I'm sure the idea predates them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
kimadactyl wrote:
It says on the entry there's no author, but I thought this was generally seen as the credit for the game even though the original was done with pictures.

"Invented" by the surrealists! Although I'm sure the idea predates them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse

It's got some similarities, in that the paper is passed around and everyone is contributing.
But, it's really a different game. The key difference is that in Exquisite Corpse, regardless of the written or the drawn version, each person is contributing an additional element to the work as a whole.

Whereas in EPYC/Telestrations, you are *repeating* the entire work as a whole, but just translated into either a picture or a sentence. So it's closer actually to the "telephone game" children play. One entire entity is repeated over and over and at the end it has mutated into something else. Rather than the collaborative piece-meal nature of Exquisite Corpse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Foale
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh, I see! Thanks for the clarification. I've never played it this way! Sounds cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.