Subject: Black Friday 2012 - No Regrets Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan S.
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I dropped $100 on the BF2012 sale on Miniature Market last night.

- City of Horror

- Spartacus: A Game of Blood und Treachery

- The Island of Dr. Necreaux

- Small World + Tales und Legends Expansion

The X-Wing Miniatures game went OOS before I could pull the trigger, which is a bummer, but I'm generally pretty happy with my order. Now it's just a matter of waiting to see how badly I get screwed over by Amazon deals between now and Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. I have yet to see any deals that have caused me to fall into "OMG SUCH AN AMAZING DEAL MUST BUY NOW NOW NOW!" mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I went to Pandemonium books today.
(http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/)

They had some stuff on a sale table at the front of the shop. Not sure if it was a "Black Friday sale" or just a sale. Nothing on the sale table wow'd me, but I did pick up the Battleground Fantasy Warfare: High Elves starter deck for the standard price. The Battleground stuff is still a good buy even if it's not on sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have purchased nothing today. And I have no regrets about that.

Meaningless purchasing and consumption is meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Amick
United States
Grand Island
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
"Too late, you took your finger off the piece..."
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually made my MiniatureMarket purchases on Wednesday and am anxiously awaiting the UPS delivery.

- Galaxy Trucker
- Race for the Galaxy
- Munchkin Deluxe
- Sherwood Forest

I've been eyeballing them for a while and between personal wants and gifts it's a well-rounded purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy the Hut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Sit beside the breakfast table Think about your troubles Pour yourself a cup of tea Then think about the bubbles
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
I have purchased nothing today. And I have no regrets about that.

Meaningless purchasing and consumption is meaningless.

Getting a board game is never "meaningless". shake

Getting a sweet deal on a great board game is even nicer. However I'm glad you've no regrets, and hope you had the chance to enjoy a gamer or two you already own today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you have as many as I do, yes, it starts to get meaningless. But I was thinking more of the people who wait in lines and get involved in violent incidents. And yes, played I'm the Boss and Steel Driver with my kids and father-in-law, and had a ton of fun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August Larson
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Dixit Journey and Telestartions for my wife this weekend. Neither are my favorite games, but I know how much she likes them so I'm glad ai got them. Went to a game store and picked up the Battlestar Galactica CCG starter and the Huntik CCG starter. They were on a super sale, unrelated to Black Friday. I have no regrets picking them up be quad the total came to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Hold the Line for $15. Had my order at CSI readjusted for BF sales, added on King of Tokyo: Power Up! and the final four faction packs I needed for Summoner Wars. I think after the adjustment the addons were a net gain of under $20.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wound up just buying from White Dragon since they had everything I wanted in stock. Still totaled to about the same as CSI with 10% discount.

Catacombs
Puerto Rico
Jungle Speed
Castles of Burgundy
Bottle Imp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ice frost
Philippines
Cebu
Cebu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
Meh. I have yet to see any deals that have caused me to fall into "OMG SUCH AN AMAZING DEAL MUST BUY NOW NOW NOW!" mode.

how about you post something that you really like... and see OMG... Amazing

at least that was your choice...... yet you don;t have it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lynn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up Star Trek Settlers of Catan and Dixit Journey from Target. (Online - as if you could get me to a Target on Black Friday!) The Catan at least was a really good deal.

Though in order to escape family in the evening my friend and I went to a bookstore and found Doctor Who stuff BOGO 50% off. Which was not an AMAZING deal, but we were also really bored. So bored that we'd played Star Wars Life earlier that we'd found in my father's closet. It was awful.

Long story short: also the Doctor Who Card Game. No regrets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, if I run across something that I think is an awesome deal, I'll mention it. However I can tell you it has yet to happen - 10% off is not a sale worth looking at in IMO.

jonetradaza wrote:
Shadoglare wrote:

how about you post something that you really like... and see OMG... Amazing

at least that was your choice...... yet you don;t have it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I hit the FFG holiday sale pretty hard...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.