Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered a load of the old Star Wars - Starship Battles fighters in order to play a mercenary force.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Newton
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most seem pretty powerful and very cheap. Besides that, I like them.

Xizor out damages Wedge by a wide margin for only one point more and he can barrel roll.

The Cloakshape is better and cheaper than an Rookie Pilot X-wing.

Sorosuub Patrol is the same price as a Saber Squadron, but has higher agility AND has shields? That's crazy good.

Techno Union has TIE Interceptor stats at a fraction of the cost.

Utapaun 38 has X-wing stats at a fraction of the cost.

You did a great job with the cards, but they seem very under priced compared to others. I enjoyed looking at them though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that these are far too cheap.

It's a fun idea to add new ships to the game, but the reason this game is successful is not just because it has cool Star Wars ships, but because of the careful point balancing which provide flexible build options giving a variety of experiences that are fair.

A squad of these mercenaries at these points would destroy the official ships in most cases, for the reasons "Isaac Newton" described above.

You should start with a formula for point assignments like the one "ShadowJak" developed from a regression analysis of the original 4 ships in X-wing. You might have to tweak the points up or down slightly from there, but you will see that the ships should cost much more than you assigned them.

Good luck, and let us know how it works, whatever you decide to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.