Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Robbins
United States
Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played this game on two occasions, both times with 6 players. The first time we played two games and the winner was the last man standing each time. The next time I played it was with a different group, and again we played twice, but this time both games ended when one player managed to get 20 points. It seemed to me like each group had a different style and it might have been a little bit of group think that led to those different outcomes. But my sample size was pretty small so I thought I’d open it up to all of you. How do your games end? Also feel free so discuss what leads to each outcome. (Playing with family vs random people at a convention, number of players…other thing I haven’t thought of yet…)
Poll
How often do your games end because there is only one player remaining?
More than 75% of the time
65%-75% of the time
55%-65% of the time
45%-55% of the time
35%-45% of the time
25%-35% of the time
Less then 25% of the time
      80 answers
Poll created by joro30
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
I play this game with high school kids and they have come along the curve quite nicely.

Firstly they tried to stay on 10 life at all times. Then they realised rolling for energy was best early on. Then came the negotiating and recognition that if things are even and someone else is in Tokyo, someone better be hitting him or her! Finally, we have reached an equilibrium where they recognise the health leaders and the points leaders and make decisions.

It's really the best quick game I've seen for a few years. Sure, there's a lot of luck, but it's nearly all positive, leading to whoops and hollers and outrageous events. Given we play this once a day at recess in 20mins, it's still giving incredible bang-for-buck 50 games in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toaster Jon
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our games have only ended with a single remaining monster a handful of times, most are VP wins.

Once my cat jumped on the table and decimated everything which was a surprise conclusion, costing no energy cubes or bonuses and potentially a true replacement for the Complete Destruction card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Clyde North
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I think is so great about this game is that there are legitimately multiple paths to victory. All with a fair chance of pulling them off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Hub
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played only 3 and 4 players, about 5 games each. I had the impression that with four players it is much more likely that one player reaches 20VP, whereas with 3 players all monsters (but one) were killed before anyone came near the 20VP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are using the Power-Up evolution the game can also shift depending on which monsters are used as the evolution upgrades add a lot of personality to the monsters and will influence their paths to victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our early games were mostly bloodbaths, with one-man-standing wins. Every once in a while someone would get lucky with rolling a bunch of 3s or otherwise come into a lot of points and wind up winning that way.

Now though, we generally play more conservatively and most wins are with points. Until someone slips up and gets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Epp
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think player number seems to be the determining factor as already stated.

In General:

2 or 3 = last monster standing

4+ = VP win

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.