GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Second Play: Legacy, Haka and the Wraith vs OMNITRON rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our intrepid trio took on their second evil adversary this evening.

Result was a win for the team, with final hp as follows...

Legacy 14
Haka 16
Wraith 9

It was a close call about one third of the way through, but in the second third, the heroes took very little damage.

Legacy
Again, provided strong support for much of the game. This time, however, he played a bigger role in taking out the devices OMNITRON played. Omnitron's ongoing adaptive shield meant that EITHER Legacy OR Haka could damage him in any given turn as they both use melee damage. Typically, Haka hit OMNITRON whilst Legacy hit the little guys or supported with extra damage. He pulled off a very cool move by redirecting all the lightning damage from the electro pulse explosive towards him, having made himself immune to lightning damage. He found the Legacy Ring, but only in the final turn. Still to put that to use but it looks awesome.

Haka
I think I am getting the hang of Haka. Got Dominion out early so he was raking in cards which he then discarded to heal or do extra damage using hakas. He was a consistent damage dealer and self healer throughout.

Wraith
Again, Wraith was the main damage dealer with her Razor Ordnance and targeting unit. She took big damage from two techno singularities, one for 10 hp in the penultimate turn, hence her low final hp. Her Grappling Hook was a lifesaver vs the self destruct timer.

Environment
Wagner Mars Base was challenging at times. There were cards that HAD TO be dealt with straight away, like oxygen leak, and others that drained resources or nibbled away hp. The self destruct could have been a nightmare as it came out at the same time as the electro explosive, but Wraith and Legacy the day with her grappling hook and his immunity.

OMNITRON
Man he has a lot of hp. In general, however, the heroes could react to his play of cards BEFORE they took effect. Essentially he had cards which could really do a lot of hurt if allowed to, but the heroes were flexible enough to stop most of them before they had the chance. Different to Baron Blade who seemed to do less magnitude of damage but be able to get them in quicker. I'd say the environment did more damage than OMNITRON.

Another cool session that I very much enjoyed. Plenty of thinking to be done and lots of thematic fun.

Next up... Citizen Dawn

Regards,
Fentum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.