Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Tanchel
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. A couple of question arose during play today.

1. When the miner role is chosen, the player may choose a mine from the face up buildings. Do you refresh the building track when the mine is taken or only refresh the buildings at the end of the turn?
2. Assume that I lose a duel before the income action space has been resolved. Can my meeple healed by the doctor be placed on a building to steal income from the owner of the building?

Thanks

Bruce
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Buildings are refreshed in Phase 4 at the end of a round. So the inference is that this chosen mine is not replaced since this is done in Phase 1 during the "Choice of Personality" phase.

As for the doctor, the rules say a defeated cowboy may be placed on an uncontested or unperformed action space; so in your scenario, the inference is you can steal income so long as it is not contested.

My question is, can a defeated cowboy go back up the road of action to perform an action that wasn't performed but it has passed the order of resolution. e.g. I lose a duel at the "gambling income" space. Can I use a doctor to go "receive 3 roads" if no one had taken that action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Tanchel
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:
Buildings are refreshed in Phase 4 at the end of a round. So the inference is that this chosen mine is not replaced since this is done in Phase 1 during the "Choice of Personality" phase.

As for the doctor, the rules say a defeated cowboy may be placed on an uncontested or unperformed action space; so in your scenario, the inference is you can steal income so long as it is not contested.

My question is, can a defeated cowboy go back up the road of action to perform an action that wasn't performed but it has passed the order of resolution. e.g. I lose a duel at the "gambling income" space. Can I use a doctor to go "receive 3 roads" if no one had taken that action?

Thanks for the reply. My take on your question is NO, because it has to be an unused, uncontested place that you can place your revived cowboy on. The action space you suggest would be considered resolved even though no one benefited from that space. Actions are resolved(or passed over) sequentially. Our debate was around whether meeples placed on the board were considered to be on action spaces or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
an uncontested and unperformed location: I read this to mean "uncontested" no cowboy present in the space, meaning unoccupied, "unperformed" the space has not been resolved yet, meaning that space is located beyond the spaced involved in the duel that just took place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
candoo wrote:

But the Chinese Worker gets a building for $5 and the rules state that the building track is repopulated...

"Variant: you may immediately pay $5
and take one of the available buildings. You may
build it immediately, or keep it to build it later. The
remaining buildings are immediately shifted towards
lower prices, and a new building is drawn from the
bag. "

So other than its not specified as clearly, it seems plausible that the track is restocked, or at least can be...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I checked the new big box rules and it doesn't state as such with the English rules of the Miner. BUT!! if you read the french rules, it states that you do pull out a new building and place it on the $12 location on the building track.

The cowboy has the same ability but with a ranch, this character states: "The available buildings are all shifted down the line
and a new building is taken out of the bag and placed on the $12
spot. "

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking, Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
16 Ft Pauly wrote:
Hi, I checked the new big box rules and it doesn't state as such with the English rules of the Miner. BUT!! if you read the french rules, it states that you do pull out a new building and place it on the $12 location on the building track.

The cowboy has the same ability but with a ranch, this character states: "The available buildings are all shifted down the line
and a new building is taken out of the bag and placed on the $12
spot. "

Hope that helps.

Oh wow! good to know, thanks a lot for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.