Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does a mermaid town "interrupt" and indirect adjacency trail of another race in end-game scoring? My guess is "no" but I was denied points in the game we played the other day because a player (owner of the game) was convinced this was the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
No it will not interrupt. It just show that you build the town with their ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Scholes
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Robert. My mistake. I mis-remembered the rules. You get a re-match next time I'm there on Wednesday night.

In my defense, this was not to my benefit. I was last by a wide margin. TM has everything I look for in a game [except railroads and a great solo version] but that doesn't mean I'm likely to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
bankrupt wrote:
Sorry Robert. My mistake. I mis-remembered the rules. You get a re-match next time I'm there on Wednesday night.

In my defense, this was not to my benefit. I was last by a wide margin. TM has everything I look for in a game [except railroads and a great solo version] but that doesn't mean I'm likely to win.

Nothing to be sorry for, Rick, I had a blast playing. Thanks for bringing it. (If I didn't have a blast I wouldn't have cared enough to get this cleared up)

Did you see my post on the triple play website in the board game forum? You may like reading that.

After we played I read through the rules and picked out a few things we may have gotten wrong. Nothing major.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the river space count as 1 of the 4 (or 3 with Sanctuary) spaces when founding a town? I.e. I have a stronghold, river space and 2 trading posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
onetonmee wrote:
Does the river space count as 1 of the 4 (or 3 with Sanctuary) spaces when founding a town? I.e. I have a stronghold, river space and 2 trading posts.

No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onetonmee wrote:

We played that it did and the rules explainer sold it as one of the main advantages of this particular mermaids ability... but we could have been wrong (and I think the mermaid player ended up not taking advantage of it anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it doesn't count. You still need at least 4 buildings with a minimum total power value of 7. The ability just allows to skip 1 river space. Each other race needs to build a bridge to accomplish this. The mermaids need no bridge for this purpose. The town marker is placed on the river space to keep track of which buildings belong to the town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
No, it doesn't count. You still need at least 4 buildings with a minimum total power value of 7. The ability just allows to skip 1 river space. Each other race needs to build a bridge to accomplish this. The mermaids need no bridge for this purpose. The town marker is placed on the river space to keep track of which buildings belong to the town.

Also the mermaid ability can be used on river spaces it would not be possible to cross with a bridge, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I forgot to mention that, too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
What about in this case?

There's only one river space being skipped, but it's being skipped in two directions. As you can see, we played that it counted as a town; is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is perfectly fine. (Interestingly enough, each other race would need 2 bridges to accomplish this.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.