Hide
3 Posts

World at War: Blood and Bridges» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking stacked units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Malouf
msg tools
If a unit attacks two stacked units of the same kind (e.g. a M60-A3 platoon attacking two stacked T-80 platoons), how are the hits resolved? I did not see any mention of it in the rules, and I have been playing with the stacked units rolling for defense once, and then splitting hits evenly between them. Is there a rule about this I missed, or is there a better way of doing this? If not, how could this system be adapted for units of different types being stacked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard ranged combat is resolved against a specific target, so there is no allocation of hits between the two units in the hex.

The airstrikes rules specifically describe how to allocate hits (disclaimer: I use the newer World at War: The Untold Stories rules; I don't know whether World at War: Blood and Bridges do as well) as do the rules for HE missions and DPICM missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCalpin
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot to mention assault combat, but the rules also mention that each unit must receive one hit before either can receive two, and each must receive two before either is eliminated, so the rules for assault, indirect fire, and airstrikes are the same in that regard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.