3 Posts

Fireball Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Magic Charm Token - Whats the point? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Casson
Wales
flag msg tools
I am struggling to see the point of the magic charm token away from cashing it in to fill your hand with 4 cards. Which can make you win big when done at the right time. But does it add any REAL protection when you have the jewel from others at all?

I think what has confused me is the placing the jewel in the token whilst having possession of both. Whats the point of that?! Keeping things tidy? No one can use the 'Take 1 Card From Any Opponent' on you when having both the jewel and the charm. That's really nothing added to your arsenal.. So if someone passes you on the board they take the jewel from you. You keep the charm. If you pass them, you put the jewel back in the charm. No one can cash that one card on you, and so on? I am sorry for coming of less then favorable (and knowledgeable) in my post i will take it down once i get my answer but am i missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Velasquez
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There really is no point in placing the jewel onto the token. It just looks kinda cool

The benefit of not having a card stolen from you has a small chance of being a game changer, but that's about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
Advanced rules declare that, in addition to or instead of being used in conjunction with a jewel to prevent card theft, a Token from the Ruin may be cashed in to either stop a fireball or fill one's hand with cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.