Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Blackham
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the witch says that after the bewitched character takes an action the witch takes over for the rest of the turn and can use any special abilities that character may have. however, the navigator doesn't have a usable special ability.. i can't chose to use his ability at any time it just happens automatically once i take an action. so... does that mean he is immune from the witch? because he takes an action, gets his extra cards/gold than the witch can't build anything anyways. or is this an exception from how the rules sound and the witch actually gets to chose 4gold/4cards? showed the card and rules to 3 ppl i know and so far they all agree it sounds as tho the navigator is immune to the witch but thought i'd check on here anyways. thanks in advance!

- Otis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
-
flag msg tools
If the navigator is bewitched, the witch may take 4 gold or 4 cards. She may not build if she does so. Period.

You may use a character power once and any time in your round.

Noone is immune from the witch! IMO there's not much sense in taking another char if you can take the witch and bewitch any char. The witch is too good for me and will be taken every round. The chances that you bewitch a char which isnt in play are extremely small if you pay a bit attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Navigator isn't immune. Instead of...
taking an action
taking 4 cards -OR- 4 gold
=ending turn

... He now only gets to do....
tak an action
=end turn

... so no taking 4 cards nor 4 gold. The Witch does NOT get to build, as my assumption is the Witch gets the whole package of special powers.... the good aspects as well as the negative ones. However, players who choose or bewitch the Navigator will probably deem that disadvantage in not being able to build is worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.