BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Uploading images - failed attempt inside rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kilian W.
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey all,

i tried to upload an image today after creating a new account (i took a little hiatus from this beautiful site and figured I'd make a brand new start).

I thought about writing something encouraging for noobs like myself about painting minis. Well here's the Picture:

Er, is there any way to rotate it? Other than taking a new horizontally aligned picture of the mini?

Thanks for helping a clueless guy out! And a lazy one too I guess, I could probably look it up around here somewhere... i used the ancient ancient uploading link btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Walker
United States
North Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
So many douchebags, so few bullets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kili wrote:
Hey all,

i tried to upload an image today after creating a new account (i took a little hiatus from this beautiful site and figured I'd make a brand new start).

I thought about writing something encouraging for noobs like myself about painting minis. Well here's the Picture:

Er, is there any way to rotate it? Other than taking a new horizontally aligned picture of the mini?

Thanks for helping a clueless guy out! And a lazy one too I guess, I could probably look it up around here somewhere... i used the ancient ancient uploading link btw.

Open it on your PC, rotate it, and upload it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
hatemachine wrote:

Open it on your PC, rotate it, ...

The PC???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilian W.
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks Nate! Problem is, the picture is aligned correctly on my PC...
well I suppose i'll just have to do a bit of trial and error. I just bought a new laptop, since my old desktop kind of gave in some time ago, so this is probably more a problem of lacking computer skills in general... Windows 8 sure doesn't help.

The PC is the problem indeed laugh. That was also part of the reason while I was inactive on this site for some time since I couldn't be arsed to post stuff from my phone. Fiddly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some image viewers allow you to rotate the image in the display, but it doesn't actually rotate the pixels in the file. Opening the image in an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop, rotating, and then saving should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.