Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi fellow LotR LCG enthusiasts,

I have never been too keen on Hobbits but they are resourcefull little types and always good for some shenanigans. FFG already started to explore the Hobbit theme but stopped providing more cards so far. So I designed a couple of cards along the lines that FFG already introduced for Hobbits: Average to weak stats but very special (or even odd) abilities. I mixed in some Elf synergies and resource generators. After all, Hobbits know how to enjoy life and they are known friends of the Elves. Furthermore I had some of the weaker Hobbit themed cards in mind that might become more useful with these new cards now.

Here is the link to the pdf-sheet

Again many thanks for GeckoTH for his superb templates.

Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are the Heroes. I designed two variants of Sam even though I'm not very fond of duplicate Heroes in different spheres but generic Hobbit heroes felt terribly wrong to me, so I used all the known characters that were still unreleased.

And here the player cards:

And two bonus cards for all who want to use the alternate Bilbo, Baggins cards and Sting from the saga expansion in normal scenarios. Bilbo is the most versatile of all Hobbits as you can choose his sphere but beware, if you lose his starting song you get stuck with his baggins resources.

I hope you like them and that you have as much fun using them as I had designing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, amazing work!

You've created some really unique abilities here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Jezioro
Poland
Jaworzno
Śląsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I uploaded two bonus cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bookwormral Bookwormral
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look great, have you thought about creating an Arts Cow deck with your excellent cards?meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Aguirre
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic work, as always, Shelfwear! Any chance to find a PDF around here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I just have uploaded a pdf-sheet to the file section here, should be online in 2-3 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Aguirre
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added link to pdf-sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lovely work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cordeiro Cordeirooo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the Leadership Sam the most!
Congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, he essentially gives you an extra turn. Use him early in the game to get a better start or late to finish the last bit of a quest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D J
msg tools
mbmbmb
Both this and your Dunedain series are great and one of the best things is the choice of artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! My aim is to create cards that feel, play and look like official cards. And finding suitable artwork often took longer than making up the card idea & text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Suprisingly FFG takes a dive into the Hobbit theme with the 3rd AP of the next cycle. Well, that makes this threat somehow more up-to-date than I thought
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering about the text of Curious Took: "That player moves a card in his discard pile to its top." What good does it do to move a card to the top of your discard pile? Or was that intended to be "moves a card in his discard pile to the top of his deck"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a combo for Second Breakfast, Erebor Hammersmith or Scrounging Bolger. Curious took lets you put attachments on top of your discard pile, the other three let you retrieve that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.