Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find this in the rules or these rules threads.

When you're on a planet, must you leave by the same node you came in from? Or can you leave from any of the hubs?

E.g. from the War Torn System, can you leave from either exit, or must you leave via the lane you came in on?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cast Ll'tor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I believe that you must exit from the lane you came in on.

The exception is one of the upgrades allows you to exit any lane.

I'll try to find the exact rules when I am home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the "Standard" rules or "Classic" rules. The rules are roughly the same, overall.

In the Classic rules, you cannot move from one Surface city to another Surface city directly; you must take off in the same direction you came. The exception is the Interstellar Biosphere, which has two exits; I believe you can leave from either one. Some of the systems don't have surface cities, but just neutral spaceports; those you can leave from either direction as well. With the "Air Foil" relic, you can move from surface city to surface city, though.

The Standard rules are much the same; the surface cities are not connected, so you can't move between them. I don't know about all the Reward cards, so there may be an equivalent to the "Air Foil" in there somewhere, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Court
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing the Standard game so far.

I had the suspicion that you had to leave by the same lane, but I couldn't find the section that substantiated it. But the foil reward does explicitly make it possible, which would mean it is prohibited by default.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick wrote:

I had the suspicion that you had to leave by the same lane, but I couldn't find the section that substantiated it. But that's how we'll play going forward. Thanks!

I don't know if it explicitly says that, but I think the implication is there from the part that talks about movement, and how you only travel along the lines; since there are no lines connecting the cities, you can't move between them.

Again, if more than one line is coming out of the city, though, I think you would be able to choose which one to leave from in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
deadeyedick wrote:

I had the suspicion that you had to leave by the same lane, but I couldn't find the section that substantiated it. But the foil reward does explicitly make it possible, which would mean it is prohibited by default.

Thanks!

The planet that has two lines going to the same dot while other planets have separate dots didn't make it obvious enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wiens
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a tech that lets you move between cities on a planet for 1 movement point, implying that you can't move between the cities unless you have that tech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.