Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a first play today we decided to try the Capture the Treasure variant. What I noticed is that the two mirror image CtT starting boards are printed on alternate sides of the same tile. It would seem that each team is supposed to use one of those for their starting area, but that can't be done the way they are printed.

Are the tiles wrong or do I have the setup rules wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
After a first play today we decided to try the Capture the Treasure variant. What I noticed is that the two mirror image CtT starting boards are printed on alternate sides of the same tile. It would seem that each team is supposed to use one of those for their starting area, but that can't be done the way they are printed.

Are the tiles wrong or do I have the setup rules wrong?

Yeah, to me it looks like there is just an entire tile missing from the set. Like there should be a second copy of the CtT home tile with the same 2 sides as the one that is in the box. Kind of sad really...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for my delay in replying -- I'm looking into this issue. I think I screwed something up. I'll let you know more as I know more.

Thanks for the report, and your patience with this!

Edit: I was too hasty with my original post. Updating as I have more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response Clint. Sorry to hear that there was a printing issue, I hope it doesn't end up affecting your profits any

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a good solution for this is to have both teams start on the Skull tiles- "Treasure Cove" and "Capture the Treasure Skull Haven A". Use the "Starting Shoals" as the tile for the treasure.

A minor Issue IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the tiles in front of me at the moment, but when this came up we tried to find a good solution. I think we were not able to find any two tiles that were identical, and the different layouts could make one team's home more or less difficult to navigate in and out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Finamore
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the author/publisher can post up a high resolution copy of the artwork for those boards so we can at least print and make an extra board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HanClinto wrote:
Sorry for my delay in replying -- I'm looking into this issue. I think I screwed something up. I'll let you know more as I know more.

Thanks for the report, and your patience with this!

Edit: I was too hasty with my original post. Updating as I have more info.

I'm curious what the change was - the original post said there was a mistake in printing and you would look into what can be done. Now are you saying there is no printing mistake?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:

I'm curious what the change was - the original post said there was a mistake in printing and you would look into what can be done. Now are you saying there is no printing mistake?

Or perhaps he's edited it because he originally blamed the printer, then realised it may not have been the printer's fault and he may have made the mistake himself, so he retracted his previous statement?

Or perhaps the rules are just badly worded, and the tiles are supposed to be the way that we received them. One way or another, the decent thing to do is to avoid pointing fingers until it's worked out what actually went wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one is pointing fingers I'm just asking if they are wrong, and if so what will be done to correct it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
No one is pointing fingers I'm just asking if they are wrong, and if so what will be done to correct it.

I didn't mean to suggest that you were at all; just suggesting that maybe the reason Clint edited his post was because he didn't want to either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
Perhaps he's edited it because he originally blamed the printer, then realised it may not have been the printer's fault and he may have made the mistake himself, so he retracted his previous statement?

This I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Copied from the latest project update for the Kickstarter Campaign:

We've noticed a small error. Don't worry, it is nothing major, and it only happened on the limited edition maps and does not affect the primary Pirate Dice game in any way!

The error occurs on the "Capture the Treasure" Variant Maps. These 2 maps are double sided, but when I (Sean) loaded the files to the factory, I reversed their backs!

Because these maps are not correctly double-sided, it makes playing the Capture the Treasure variant harder -- but not impossible. There are a few solutions. One player/side can give the other a handicap, or you can use the Skull Haven/Treasure Cove maps (or som e other alternate setup -- like the ones in Rough Waters).

Both Clint and I are very sorry for this oversight.

If you find that the above solution is not acceptable to you (and it's okay if it is not) we have 2 options for you.

Option 1:

Send a SASE (6x9 padded envelope) to :Fred Distribution Attn: Pirate Dice - 801 Commerce Dr. #5 Leitchfield, Ky 42754 (1st class postage is $1.xx in the USA) and we will mail you 2 extra Capture the Treasure Tiles so you can play this variant as we originally intended.

Option 2:

Place an order for games or components on www.eaglegames.net, and mention you were a Kickstarter backer of Pirate Dice, and we will add 2 extra Capture the Treasure Tiles to your order for no additional charge.

Sorry again for the mix up. We are happy to honor either option for the next 120 days. Thanks for your understanding, and enjoy Pirate Dice!

Sean and Clint

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not a terrible solution and I will probably deal with the money and effort of getting a padded envelope and paying the postage.. but to be honest this wasn't the customer's mistake and I don't think we should be responsible for correcting it.

The Capture the Treasure expansion was a stretch goal promise and one of the main reasons I was interested in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm not sure if there can be a better solution, but

MillertimeRC wrote:
The Capture the Treasure expansion was a stretch goal promise and one of the main reasons I was interested in the game.

I'm in the same boat on this point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnagrocK wrote:

I'm not sure if there can be a better solution, but

MillertimeRC wrote:

I'm in the same boat on this point...

Same for me.
I guess it's a decent enough solution, but one that really bums me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monte Jones
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why couldn't I just paypal them the money to get it shipped to me?? Though I believe it was there mistake and they should correct it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Potter
United States
Edwardsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dislike the solution and will be hesitant to Kickstart (or FLGS) one of their products in the future. I have been blessed with many board game companies fixing problems at no cost to me in the past. I have been appreciative of the customer service and rewarded it with future purchases.

Remember, I fronted them money to make this project work. I expect better customer service, not less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new update is for international customers.
One of the line reads:
" - How many games you ordered, and how many extra variant tiles you want"

Well, how many of those boards are supposed to be in the game?
Is it one per player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
The new update is for international customers.
One of the line reads:
" - How many games you ordered, and how many extra variant tiles you want"

Well, how many of those boards are supposed to be in the game?
Is it one per player?

Probably not the best way it could have been worded.

Each set of Capture the Treasure has 2 tiles that are printed with swapped backs. So the boards that you will be sent are extra copies of the boards you already have.

For each copy of the game that you want extra tiles for, you will want 2 tiles (1 of each).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Faber
United States
Hawthorn Woods
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not happy with Eagle right now. I tried to buy a game so that I could get the corrected tiles put in there. First, I shouldn't have to do anything to get the correct pieces. I've never had to correct another game company's mistake before. When I tried to order this other game, I picked one of the available shipping options. They sent an email and said the game won't fit in that box and I'd need to pick a more expensive shipping option and do I still want the game.

If you want to be great, treat your customers exceptionally well. Not sure at this point if Pirate Dice will even come out of the box now.

Can you say Math Trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have these board been shipped to those that paid? I sent my paypal money and received nothing but an email saying only "Thanks!"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gingold
United States
Goodyear
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MillertimeRC wrote:
Have these board been shipped to those that paid? I sent my paypal money and received nothing but an email saying only "Thanks!"?

Same here. I got a thanks but no boards. I won't be kickstarting these guys again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for the actual game to show up in Montreal... And *then* I'll have to deal with the "send us more money to correct our mistake" thingamabob.
Not a happy camper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Simons
United States
Johnston
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I've been reading through these forums and I also have been prepared to send the packaging to receive my extra boards. But now, after reading Clint's comment again I have some additional quesstions.
The post reads:
"These 2 maps are double sided, but when I (Sean) loaded the files to the factory, I reversed their backs!"

Does this mean there are supposed to be two separate map tiles? Each being double-sided to mirror one of the sides on the other tile?

If so, I believe there were additional production errors that need to be addressed. I only received ONE ctt tile with starting spots on either side of the tile. I don't have them in front of me, but I believe they are referenced as Capture the Treasure 2A and Capture the Treasure 2B. Are kickstarter backers missing a tile altogether that was misprinted as Capture the Treasure 1A and Capture the Treasure 1B? If this is the case, IMO this is a grevious error that needs to be address ASAP and not with an email communication that essentially states, "send me addtional money and we will send you additional tiles". The basic foundation of kickstarter is delivering a product to your backers that you promised from the get-go. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.