Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Arcane Ring... and something orb... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
Can someone tell me what spells the arcane ring affects? I don't remember the working, but something about metamagic/mana spells? Not sure what type of spell they are referring too.

Also, I can't remember the whole name... something orb... its a wizard conjuration that says something along the line: "Before a creature makes a move action he must pay 1 mana"... Am I correct to assume that if the mage does not have the mana/cannot pay, he could still move the creature?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look in the top right of a card you can see the Keyword.

For example: http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/magewars/mage-wars-card-...

If it says Mana or Metamagic, it applies.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
Can someone tell me what spells the arcane ring affects? I don't remember the working, but something about metamagic/mana spells? Not sure what type of spell they are referring too.

Also, I can't remember the whole name... something orb... its a wizard conjuration that says something along the line: "Before a creature makes a move action he must pay 1 mana"... Am I correct to assume that if the mage does not have the mana/cannot pay, he could still move the creature?


Regarding the suppression orb. If you cannot pay the mana, then the creatures cannot move.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
ghbell wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
Can someone tell me what spells the arcane ring affects? I don't remember the working, but something about metamagic/mana spells? Not sure what type of spell they are referring too.

Also, I can't remember the whole name... something orb... its a wizard conjuration that says something along the line: "Before a creature makes a move action he must pay 1 mana"... Am I correct to assume that if the mage does not have the mana/cannot pay, he could still move the creature?


Regarding the suppression orb. If you cannot pay the mana, then the creatures cannot move.


wow... funny the card doesn't exactly read that way.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike1977 wrote:
ghbell wrote:
Mike1977 wrote:
Can someone tell me what spells the arcane ring affects? I don't remember the working, but something about metamagic/mana spells? Not sure what type of spell they are referring too.

Also, I can't remember the whole name... something orb... its a wizard conjuration that says something along the line: "Before a creature makes a move action he must pay 1 mana"... Am I correct to assume that if the mage does not have the mana/cannot pay, he could still move the creature?


Regarding the suppression orb. If you cannot pay the mana, then the creatures cannot move.


wow... funny the card doesn't exactly read that way.


I'm not sure how you can read Supression Orb any other way. The requirement to may mana for creature movement is mandatory, not optional.


"Whenever any non-Mage creature takes a move action, its controller must first pay 1 mana."

I see no way to interpret this language to mean that you may take a move action without fulfilling the required payment in mana.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noodles
United States
greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does this include the creatures for the caster who played the suppression orb?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Other spells differentiate this point using terms such as "enemy creatures" or "opponent".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.