Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter project page lists "Estimated delivery: Feb 2013." However, the survey that was sent now states, "Please note that Boss Monster will not ship until Early Spring 2012." Obviously the year is wrong, but Spring doesn't officially start until late March, so I guess an April delivery time is the best to hope for at this point?

1/20/2013: Updated subject.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Already Delayed!
I know February is technically late winter, but I think it could be described as early spring. You would never hear someone say the game will ship in late winter. Unless the brothers explicitly say something about it shipping later than Feb, I wouldn't read into it too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Loviska

Zeeland
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it would have made me change my pledge if it ships later than what they had listed. I didn't even notice the date till I saw it on a forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
in california, anything after christmas is considered spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joemamma44 wrote:
I don't think it would have made me change my pledge if it ships later than what they had listed. I didn't even notice the date till I saw it on a forum.

Think it would be more concerns for people moving around.

Like as a University Student my mailing address will change cause of that knowing its either near April or February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Tellier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might this be a delay for copies of BM for non-kickstarters? Because I assume the estimated release date of Feb 2013 was for those who pledged for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John M
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
RobertHMayfire wrote:
Might this be a delay for copies of BM for non-kickstarters? Because I assume the estimated release date of Feb 2013 was for those who pledged for the game.

No, anyone who pre-orders now should theoratically get their cards at the same time as Kickstarter backers. Maybe a weeks difference so they don't get confused about which packages to put the exclusive cards in but pretty close to the same time.

Honestly, I think the poster of this thread it just reading to much into when spring 'officially' starts. If they were planning on delaying delivery that would have told us. I doubt they even have enough information to know if it will be delayed at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's also worth pointing out the enormous nummber of stretch bonuses they were able to achieve, and I would think that had to have some impact on delivery dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Reinhard
msg tools
mb
In a recent update to the Kickstarter page they mentioned that a February release date is still the goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The most recent update #46 now sets the ETA as no earlier than MAY 2013!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, well. These things happen.

I'm keen to play the game, but I can wait until then. At least they're doing what they can to allow people to play the game sooner than May! (print and play etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheels2050 wrote:
Ah, well. These things happen.

I'm keen to play the game, but I can wait until then. At least they're doing what they can to allow people to play the game sooner than May! (print and play etc.)

+1 to you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume every Kickstarter I support will be delayed at least six months.

I don't really start fretting until things have been pushed back a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not surprised at all and I'm not really upset either. Pretty much everything on KS is late. Even later for things from new companies.

As long as it actually is released and is good, then I'm happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Westbrock
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I chalk it up to a rookie publisher who just didn't understand how much lead time things really take. I would assume that they will be more accurate in planning timelines in the future now that they have learned the hard way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.