Subject: Battle Edition (3rd edition / Current edition as of 2012) is out. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Crayson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
This isnt really "news" as of this time, as its been out awhile, but nothings posted about it here.

3rd Edtion (Battle) has by far the most durable dice and replaces "unlimited" as the current edition. Although as of this writing they are hard to come by in the US, although for the extra bucks you can order them from the iorndie website. They really need to get on the ball with US distribution / advertizing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle Edition isn't really a third edition, which (to my mind) implies that it replaces the second (Unlimited) edition.

It is simply a variant of the Unlimited edition. Both Unlimited and Battle dice are being produced, distributed and sold simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Crayson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I get the impression they want to sell their unlimited stock and will "support" it until they have Battle fully realized (right now they've only released starters)

The same concept applied when they went from 1st to 2nd, they had both in stock and were (seemingly) producing both, but now 1st is a "collector only" type thing.

The reason for the transition follows the same reason from 1st to 2nd, a more durable / uniform product with less "randomness" in the small details and color variation.

I guess its possible the plan is to support both forever, but it seems hard to see that happening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that is the case this time.

Going from the Limited to the Unlimited edition, they have always communicated clearly that the first one will run out and that the second one will continue.

That is why they are called "Limited" and "Unlimited" editions.

The first run used a different manufacturing technique that had (I think) smaller up-front costs, as they obviously had to see how well the product sells. With the Unlimited edition they changed to a manufacturing process that is more suitable to long-term production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.