Huub Jansen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently having acquired the Dunwich Horror expansion, printed in JAN 2012, I noticed there were still some errors in the components which I have seen reported for the 2011 prints before.
Checking some random mythos cards against the Arkham Horror Wiki, I found that on many cards (at least a few from the small sample I checked) the formatting was different, mostly line breaks at different places in a sentence. This in itself is not so bad, but I now had the idea to try and compile a list of 'real' printing errors in the 2011/2012 prints. Anybody who knows/finds more is welcome to contribute. Also, it would be interesting to know if some people actually got correct versions of the components in the latest prints, or if the problems affect all copies.
Anyway, here are the errors I found so far, based on reports I read before and checking my own copy for the same issues (where the Arkham Horror wiki is used as reference):

Songs from the Woods (mythos card), misses bottom-right Dunwich icon for sorting expansion cards.
Healing Stone (unique item), costs only 5 dollars, should be 8 dollars. (This is VERY ironic, since it should actually be the corrected version)
Jacqueline Fine (investigator sheet), her occupation is listed as "Phychic", should be "Psychic".
Leo Anderson (investigator sheet), his ability says it's only usable once per game, but this should be once per turn (the only 'major' error/change(?) I am aware of, though the game is still playable if you don't know this of course)

edit: I should conclude by saying the expansion is still very much recommended in my opinion, maybe this post seems more negative than I intended it. It would just be handy to have a list of things to look out for, so people can correct it themselves (if they want to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the Healing Stone was a correction, cause it doesn't have the Dunwich symbol on it. Thought that meant it was supposed to replace the original (but I could be wrong)

Leo's ability should be every turn?!? Wow I've been playing this Expansion the hard way....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
I thought the Healing Stone was a correction, cause it doesn't have the Dunwich symbol on it.

That is correct, it is supposed to replace the original printing.

Thoth Amon wrote:
Leo's ability should be every turn?!? Wow I've been playing this Expansion the hard way....

Yep, every turn. He is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huub Jansen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That is correct, it is supposed to replace the original printing.

Nope, the one in the latest Dunwich box is wrong, it should cost 8 dollars. It used to be correct in the old printing of Dunwich I assume, and it is also correct in modern printings of the base game (so that doesn't need replacement), but not in the latest version of Dunwich.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the old Dunwich print without errors, and was not aware of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's two Healing Stones now? That'd be a game-breaker for basic Arkham, maybe not for Dunwich...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Altamirano
Chile
Santiago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
So there's two Healing Stones now? That'd be a game-breaker for basic Arkham, maybe not for Dunwich...

You have 2 copies of the card but you should shuffle only one on the Unique Item deck.... it is a Unique Item after all, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NastyJoan wrote:
Thoth Amon wrote:

You have 2 copies of the card but you should shuffle only one on the Unique Item deck.... it is a Unique Item after all, isn't it?
Just like all four Elder Signs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huub Jansen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Just to be clear, there should be only one healing stone in your deck, with the following properties:

It should cost 8 dollars, and it should be discarded when the ancient one awakens

I was trying to say that the one in the latest Dunwich printing should not be used as the correct one, because it has the wrong price on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:

One thing I have always worried about is the base game has 4 Elder Signs, and except for one more Elder Sign in Kingsport Horror, every expansion just dilutes the deck and makes it harder to get Elder Signs, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

One thing I have always worried about is the base game has 4 Elder Signs, and except for one more Elder Sign in Kingsport Horror, every expansion just dilutes the deck and makes it harder to get Elder Signs, right?
Many consider that "Elder Sign dilution" is a good thing, not a bad one. Elder Signs are arguably the most powerful item in the whole game and yet they are really cheap and there are several strategies for winning that are based on getting your hands on maximum number of Elder Signs.

If you would prefer not to "over-dilute" Elder Signs, I suggest that you build your Unique Item deck from only the expansions that you are playing with. I do this, but not for reasons of Elder Sign dilution; I do it to avoid diluting theme from small box expansions that provide Unique Items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goody
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hupie wrote:

Healing Stone (unique item), costs only 5 dollars, should be 8 dollars. (This is VERY ironic, since it should actually be the corrected version)

Oh man, I went through last night and swapped the healing stone in the base game for the Dunwitch reprint only to look at the one from AH to see that as I have the 'revised edition' of the game it was correct all along and I have just added an error into the game that wasn't there before.

Oh well I better go trawling through the unique item deck again to swap them back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if more recent printings have corrected these errors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.