Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi, i've got two question:
1. walls on a village border can be built only before a lava flow reaches that village border?
2. after a wall on a village border is destroyed (and the lava flow remains adjacent to the village border) you cant build a wall on that village border, right?

thx for the answers

EDIT: looking at eruption session 3 http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/696542/session-3-of-3-bu... i see that you can build walls even if there is a lava flow adjacet to a village border and if a wall on a village border is destroyed, you can build it again on the same border, it this correct?

i was confused by the image on page 4 of rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I have been playing that walls can be built at any time on a village border.

After reviewing the rules I can't find if this is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, i hope that
Chris James
United States
Payson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
answer this question, cause i'm traslating rules in italian, and i want to make a complete and clear translation that includes all the situations

this game looks great, but i have not played it yet, i don't want to discuss rules during game in progress...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digger Cook
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 4 of the rule book, under Walls In a Village, it says

Quote:
A wall can be built even if there is no lava in contact with the village at that location.

I believe this answers your questions. You can always build a wall on the border of your own village as long as there is not already a wall at that location, regardless of whether there is a lava flow in contact with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, but on page 4 it's also written (in blue under the image that i posted in the first post):

"Walls cannot be built
on a lava flow next
to a village border"

so following this and what you say i can think that:
1. i can build walls ONLY if there is no lava on a border of my village
2. so if a wall is destroyed when lava is adjacent to my village i can't build it again beacouse there is a lava flow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digger Cook
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walls can be placed on a village border, whether or not a lava flow is touching it. Walls can be placed at the end of any lava flow unless it is touching a village.

In the picture above, the wall on the lava flow is outlined in red, it is not allowed. The wall on the village border is outlined in green, it is legal.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, maybe the meaning of that image is "one wall on each lava flow" and if a lava flow is touching a vilalge you can't build two walls...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris James
United States
Payson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BGDigger wrote:
Walls can be placed on a village border, whether or not a lava flow is touching it. Walls can be placed at the end of any lava flow unless it is touching a village.

In the picture above, the wall on the lava flow is outlined in red, it is not allowed. The wall on the village border is outlined in green, it is legal.

This is perfectly correct - thank you, Digger, for providing this clarification.

Regarding the diagram in question, it illustrates the text in the paragraph above it that states: "[Walls on a lava flow] can only be built where it is possible to place a tile next to them (not next to a village border or the edge of the grid between villages)". Walls on a lava flow are built on the tile itself (as shown in the diagrams). Walls in a village are built on the village border. Building a wall on a tile prevents another tile from being placed next to it, thus it doesn’t make sense mechanically to build it on a tile that is next to a village border (hence the rule and the diagram).

The correct placement of walls is demonstrated in the video tutorial (at 4:40):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco T
Italy
Pavia - Lecce
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for your answers, problem is solved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.