Subject: Battlefield Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi,
i just got this game and after trying it for a couple of times i've got several questions:
1) during the Battlefield Phase, if i have no units but only support cards- can i still attack? or must i have at least one unit, and the support cards will contribute their power for the unit?
2) the game seems way to unbalanced with the core set. we tried orcs vs. dwarves, and the dwarves won easily. then we tried imperial vs. chaos, and the imperial won easily.
any tips which races we should pick in order to balance the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Olmstead
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwoo wrote:
hi,
i just got this game and after trying it for a couple of times i've got several questions:
1) during the Battlefield Phase, if i have no units but only support cards- can i still attack? or must i have at least one unit, and the support cards will contribute their power for the unit?
2) the game seems way to unbalanced with the core set. we tried orcs vs. dwarves, and the dwarves won easily. then we tried imperial vs. chaos, and the imperial won easily.
any tips which races we should pick in order to balance the game?

1) Support cards do not normally add their power to attacks. It's generally Units only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
according to the rulebook (page 7), there is a picture of the city hall card. the power symbol is described as follows:
Depending on the zone in which the card is played, power icons enable the player to collect more resources (in the kingdom), draw more cards (in the quest zone), or inflict more damage upon the opponent (in the battlefield).
what am i missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah Snow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, page 12:

"4. Assign Damage
First, both players determine how much damage their
participating units inflict. Each player counts the
number of power icons on the units he controls that
are participating in the battle: this is the amount of
damage he will be inflicting upon his opponent."

Emphasis mine. No mention of support cards. You can play them into your battlefield, and they might have an effect there, but they do not contribute their power there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.