Subject: Injured Pilot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what the "Injured Pilot" damage card means.

"All players must ignore your pilot ability and all your "medal" upgrade cards."

Did they really mean "players"? What does that mean? Is it simply that those abilities can't be used? (ALL players would include me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It means that pilot can no longer use their Special Ability or Elite Pilot Talent Upgrade cards if they have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Berrett
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it just means that the pilot and metal skills cannot be used for that pilot. Not sure why they used the "all players" wording.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Nordin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wyzbang wrote:
Yes, it just means that the pilot and metal skills cannot be used for that pilot. Not sure why they used the "all players" wording.:shake:

The reason they use "all players" is that some of the pilots force other players to interact with them over other targets. I don't have the pilots in front of me, but at least one of them (wedge?) has an ability that forces you to target him instead of other ships at a certain range. Thus with an injured pilot, you "must" ignore this ability, meaning the dude playing wedge (again, if that's the right pilot with that ability) can't say "no you have to target wedge" when wedge is injured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
your thinking of biggs darklighter. so basically if biggs gets injured then nobody has to target him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"All Players" typically means you and your opponent. But this wording allows for more-than-2-players to work properly (i.e. if you're doing a 3v3 300pt battle, then all of the players still ignore your abilities).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Nordin
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. The point is, even though it seems weird at first, the "all players" is on purpose, and for a good reason.

Yay Biggs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so basically it means: your ability and Talents effectively do not exist. That it?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom brown
United Kingdom
Stanley
Co. Durham
flag msg tools
CROM THE INVINCIBLE, SAVIOR OF THE GRUNGE MASTERS DAUGHTER
badge
HE JUST CANT BE KILLED, OR CAN HE???
mbmbmbmbmb
i can imagine determination would be a good card for biggs to have, just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.