Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be too soon to ask,

but does anyone know if the new release will be compatible with the old expansions? I have seen nothing to the contrary, but also the info on the Asmodee site is, shall we say, sparse.

thx in advance,
jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That will all depend on if the map coordinates are the same, I suppose.

It's only the map and the directory that are needed from the base game for the supplements if I remember correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Define 'compatible'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Canar
United States
Des Plaines
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compatible,

as in, "If I own one of the earlier "expansions" to this game, will it expand the new version of the game in the same way it expanded the old game."

I initially thought the "expansions" were just that, expansions and would require the base game to play. Now, in my research, it appears as if the expansions were actually stand alone games, with everything you need to play contained within the "expansion." They don't appear to require the base game to play. But there is such limited information, it's hard to tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My research a while ago indicated that the old expansions were originally released as expansion/standalone games, but that later they were also released as pure expansions that required the base game. So just because one title works for one person doesn't mean that title would work for someone else.

I agree there's not enough information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
That will all depend on if the map coordinates are the same, I suppose.

It's only the map and the directory that are needed from the base game for the supplements if I remember correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.