Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I'd share a little bit about my first game. I bought this game to play solo and I'm glad I did.
It was my first game, and I just played a normal game (not the solo challenge variant) to learn all the rules.

I began the game slowly travelling to several planets and buying goods from first encounter alien species.
Then I picked up my first passenger and took him from the colony world (I think it was... I forgot) and took him to his destination at the big space station.
Finally I was beginning to take in some cash. I had enough alien worlds explored to be able to buy and sell. By the mid-point of the game I had bought extra cargo space and leveled up my pilot. So I began to travel further abroad into more dangerous territory.
I began to explore the outer regions going to the inhabited moon, polluted planet and war-torn system. I made first contact with several new species of alien, one of which had some excellent merchandise I could buy and sell at a good markup.
So by this point, about 3/4 of the way through the 30 turns, I felt like I was really beginning to accumulate some money and that I may have a decent final tally of credits (although I have nothing to compare it too, just seemed like a good amount).
My spaceship was pimped out by now with a full cargo bay, nicer engine an experienced pilot and a speed add on. So I was zipping around being all merchanty.
The game ended with my last few turns involving mad dashes with a full cargo bay to sell goods.
I added up all my fame points and exchanged them for credits and tallied up all my cash.
I won't write my final score simply because I'm sure I wasn't playing everything correctly and now that I finished the first game I can see many other possibilities for fame and extra money.

I'll read through the instructions again for the points I'm not sure I was playing correctly.

Overall the game went a lot faster than I thought it would, or seemed to at least.
I really had fun playing the game, I've never played a buying and selling type game so this was something new for me. I love the theme of space travel and exploration
Once I have all the rules down I'm going to try the solo challenge variant, which looks to be even more fun.

~Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long was your game (not including set-up)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I was fairly absorbed in the game... I don't quite know, but I think it took an hour and a half or something like that.
Of course I was flipping through the rule book quite a bit since it was my first game.
The turns don't take very long playing solo unless you have some tough decisions to make.
I rubber-banded all the different alien goods together for each culture, so setup goes really quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.