Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My nephew is 5-7 years old (I'm a terrible uncle). After playing some football and street hockey with him over Thanksgiving, I can tell you he's a good athlete, especially noted by the bruise on my leg from one of his slap shots.

I figure for Christmas I should get him a pretty sweet bit of sporting equipment in the football, hockey or baseball area, but not clothes that he would grow out of quickly.

Anyone have any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erak wrote:
My nephew is 5-7 years old (I'm a terrible uncle). After playing some football and street hockey with him over Thanksgiving, I can tell you he's a good athlete, especially noted by the bruise on my leg from one of his slap shots.

I figure for Christmas I should get him a pretty sweet bit of sporting equipment in the football, hockey or baseball area, but not clothes that he would grow out of quickly.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Is he in school? He should either be in Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade if he is 5-7. If he's in Kindergarten, then he could be 5 or 6. If he is in 1st grade then he is 6 or 7. If he is in 2nd grade then he is 7.

The gift? Roller skates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The neutral evil villain known as
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Ow quit it.
mbmbmbmbmb
underarmor. Yeah it's clothes, but,

It's a brand name of clothes for athletes. My nephews are allllllll into it. a pair of socks is around 20 bucks. Ridiculous, but it's a status thing.

If he's on the 7yr old side, he might know about it. I'd ask him.

I told my son, if you wear underarmor, People generally can smell your underarms... hee hee... cuz athletes stink... yeah... Oh I kill me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you have to talk to your sister/brother because kids process equipment at such a high rate at that age. The grow out of it, change sports, join leagues etc and those leagues have rules and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that Underarmor is THE thing to have if you are a boy.

If he's five he probably wouldn't know about it, if he's 7, I'm sure he would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Da boy is 9 but has been into sports since he could walk. UnderArmor is indeed teh hotness as far as clothes. For a youngster you can usually find beginner sets (like a mitt a soft baseball at stores and small bats) - Da boy had one that he just grew out of about a year and a half ago. I bought my son an NFL kit a few years ago and he loved that. It was this set but it seems like I found it for a bit less but you get the idea.

Happy hunting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shin guards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molnar
United States
Ridgewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5-7 is negative 2. I think you've got some time to think about it.

But yeah, underarmor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
HGH?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.