Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stricker
United States
Universal City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy of "King of Tokyo" yesterday from CoolStuff, Inc. (great service as usual) and noticed a few quality control issues when I opened the game. One of the monster board's was missing the wheel to keep track of victory points. Several of the other boards were very noticeably damaged around the edges. I'm I just unlucky, or are others having similar issues?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was fine. Probably just a fluke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely not the normal. I've opened more than a dozen copies myself and have had no similar problems. The only trouble I've had is the printed dice start wearing out after a dozen plays and are completely unreadable after a few dozen more. Because of complaints after the 1st printing, Iello has switched to engraved dice which are included in all the new printings and are being released as replacements soon as well. They seem to care about quality enough to respond to customer complaints so I'd definitely contact them directly or return the copy to the retailer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
This the first I am hearing of any. Mine was flawless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M Duran
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
ever this day be at my side, to light and to guard, to rule and guide.
mbmbmbmbmb
My only issue was with the stands. The ones I got did not "pinch" so the character s fell out, where as a friends copy grips tight. Maybe different print runs ? The copy I played at BGGCon had both loose ones and tight ones.

Fixes?
1. Buy FF plastic stands ? But i prefer he black round bases
2. Shove in some material to create better hold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tao Wong
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not completely out of the ordinary for this batch. We've had 2 issues so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My cards were all fused together and suffered minor damage when split apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wankel engine
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't sound like a retailer issue so much as a publisher or game one. I'd post it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the 2nd printing with the engraved dice. The only oddity is that while the text of the cards is in english the backs are all in french, but as that doesn't really effect anything I didn't think it was a big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stricker
United States
Universal City
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Folks,

I wanted everyone to know that an Iello representative contacted me within a few hours of me emailing them (and on a Saturday even!). They have replacement parts on the way. That's great customer service.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to King of Tokyo

Always great to hear about good customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bryan
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened mine today (I picked it up at my local comic shop.) The only problem with mine was that the Meka Dragon's tail was pretty bent up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sutcliffe
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragon’s tail was ripped on one side (I’ll live with it) but my King card had one of the spinners on backwards, so it was useless. Customer service said a replacement will be out shortly though, so at least they’re addressing the problem promptly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Onomarchos wrote:
I just got my copy of "King of Tokyo" yesterday from CoolStuff, Inc. (great service as usual) and noticed a few quality control issues when I opened the game. One of the monster board's was missing the wheel to keep track of victory points. Several of the other boards were very noticeably damaged around the edges. I'm I just unlucky, or are others having similar issues?

Mark

The paint on the engraved dice in the King of Tokyo I purchased this summer (second printing) was sloppily applied: incomplete filling of the engraving or spilling over the sides.

Compare this with the dice in Seasons, which were absolute perfection, and the difference in quality is stark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
My monster cutouts had pretty rough edges on them, and the monster dial sheets were scuffed like they had already been played with about 10 times. Also noticed one die with the "splash" effect mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jjfalzone wrote:
Mine was fine. Probably just a fluke.

A giant, radioactive fluke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
half of my cards were missing both spinners, and one was missing just one spinner.

Also purchased from Coolstuffinc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edelen wrote:
The paint on the engraved dice in the King of Tokyo I purchased this summer (second printing) was sloppily applied: incomplete filling of the engraving or spilling over the sides.

Compare this with the dice in Seasons, which were absolute perfection, and the difference in quality is stark.

I agree, I have the engraved dice and was extremely disappointed in them the first time I laid eyes on them. They are very cheaply made, it's not a big deal overall though since it's the game play that's the most important part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't have any issues with the base game (I had bought the first printing) but there are 2 Cyberbunny Evolution cards from the Power Up expansion that were not cut well. One of the sides is not cut straight and the printing is off center, so, once I get to know the cards, they are effectively marked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruskicowboy wrote:
I didn't have any issues with the base game (I had bought the first printing) but there are 2 Cyberbunny Evolution cards from the Power Up expansion that were not cut well. One of the sides is not cut straight and the printing is off center, so, once I get to know the cards, they are effectively marked.

dammit, you made me look, and one of my gigazaur cards was fully bent.
how in the heck does that happen in a shrink wrapped deck? I just literally opened the cards twenty minutes ago...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruskicowboy wrote:

Please contact IELLO help desk at http://iello.desk.com with your mailing address and the list of components required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Melcher
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an issue with MekaDragon's tail as well. I've already contacted support, but I realized I probably should have mentioned that the wrapper for the cards had glue on the back of the top card. Most of it wiped off, but it still just has the gunk left over from the glue. Not sure if anyone else has seen this before.

Anyone else have the scratched white edges around the monster boards and the game board on their new copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IelloGames wrote:
Ruskicowboy wrote:

Email me your address at stephan@iellogames.com. We will send you replacement.

Thanks, Stephan. Will do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is really disappointing to hear. My first edition (Ref: 51032/2) copy was in terrible shape straight out of the shrink wrap:

thumbsdown Game board corner cut off.
thumbsdown Several of the dice had offset printing.
thumbsdown 2 of the character cut-outs were bent.
thumbsdown Instruction sheet wrinkled up.

They sent some replacements, but they were only marginally better and the silk screened dice no not hold up well and they won't send any replacements.

Anyway, I am concerned because I just picked up a 2nd (or 3rd?) edition copy (Ref: 51032/5 Lot: 08_2012A) in order to get the engraved dice. I have't opened it yet but am concerned after reading this thread that it might not be much better than the 1st edition copy I already have. Without even opening it, I can see that the box edges aren't folded as nice or as crisp as the 1st Edition copy and the back sheet is a bit wrapped of one side rather can being centered on the back. Neither of these are big deals, but do hint at possible quality control/production issues. Rather than dealing with getting everything in the new copy replaced, maybe I should just trade the new one off and keep what I have!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Melcher
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
This is really disappointing to hear. My first edition (Ref: 51032/2) copy was in terrible shape straight out of the shrink wrap:

thumbsdown Game board corner cut off.
thumbsdown Several of the dice had offset printing.
thumbsdown 2 of the character cut-outs were bent.
thumbsdown Instruction sheet wrinkled up.

They sent some replacements, but they were only marginally better and the silk screened dice no not hold up well and they won't send any replacements.

Anyway, I am concerned because I just picked up a 2nd (or 3rd?) edition copy (Ref: 51032/5 Lot: 08_2012A) in order to get the engraved dice. I have't opened it yet but am concerned after reading this thread that it might not be much better than the 1st edition copy I already have. Without even opening it, I can see that the box edges aren't folded as nice or as crisp as the 1st Edition copy and the back sheet is a bit wrapped of one side rather can being centered on the back. Neither of these are big deals, but do hint at possible quality control/production issues. Rather than dealing with getting everything in the new copy replaced, maybe I should just trade the new one off and keep what I have!

If it is any help, my copy has the same reference and lot number, though not sure if you could really say that, because of a bad copy, the whole lot is bad.

By the way, I was contacted already from support to get a replacement for my standee. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.