Popular Tags: [View All]
Will
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After our first play (question could be premature) we were left wondering why the star collect phase took place after the prophecy phase. Since it was our first game, we collectively hedged our prophecy phase on the collect from the stars confusing the timing. What was the decision in this?

Whatever the answer, everyone had a great time playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Donat
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The new stars are for the second year, to have a greater advantage for the next prophecy phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin is correct! The collection occurs after so player are not able to use the collected Prophecy in the current Prophecy Phase. Players could definitely collect them immediately as long as the put them aside for the next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If by chance you are speaking of a regular prophecy phase, players should collect all prophecy tokens for star connections before the phase begins. I hope the rules are clear to people about that. The collection of extra tokens that Martin and I are speaking about refer to collecting tokens based on progress tracks. Players should always collect prophecy for star connections before the prophecy phase begins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I didn't mean to mislead, it was clear in the rules. What we wondered was more about the game in the second year. The first year was fine. In the second year, however, we felt it would be nice to be able to use the connections for the prophecy phase. Our confusion was more that we were trying to make connections during the rituals, forgetting the phase order. Obviously knowing this, one plays differently but my original question was more directed toward the design choice rather than a critique. Love the game.

Oh and now I know when the world will end and how. Listen for me on coast to coast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've called in 3 times, with 3 different scenarios and dates!! I'm the next Billy Meier.

It would be nice to use those tokens immediately. My only worry is that I fear it could make other goals maybe too easy to obtain. The progress Tracks are balanced to the current phase collection. I think is people could get the extra prophecy that would be helpful, but it would inch them to the end of either tracks a bit too easy. But it might be okay.

The other reason, the Jaguars are useless in the second year as well. I probably felt at the time that if the Jaguars were useless then the Prophecy ought to be. Both of those tokens earn a single point at the end game.

You could definitely try it!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.