Hide
3 Posts

Doctor Who: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doctor Who: The Card Game - What's the Point of Cardiff? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Most
msg tools
The text reads "Permanent effect while in your reserve. Increase your reserve capacity by one."

So, you take up one of your two Reserve slots with Cardiff so that you gain a third Reserve slot, leaving you with...the same two you had before you played Cardiff?

What am I missing here?

And since Reserve cards are played face down how do you explain the effects of any card in Reserve? Example: I have Unit in Reserve. I spend a Time Point to raise a the defence on an attack. Do I show everyone the card and then put it back in Reserve face down?

Thanks!
Elvenghast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Elvenghast wrote:
The text reads "Permanent effect while in your reserve. Increase your reserve capacity by one."

So, you take up one of your two Reserve slots with Cardiff so that you gain a third Reserve slot, leaving you with...the same two you had before you played Cardiff?

What am I missing here?

If you read the explanation for Cardiff in the back of the rule book, you will see that Cardiff allows you to keep three cards in reserve not counting the Cardiff card. So it doesn't count against the three.

Quote:
And since Reserve cards are played face down how do you explain the effects of any card in Reserve? Example: I have Unit in Reserve. I spend a Time Point to raise a the defence on an attack. Do I show everyone the card and then put it back in Reserve face down?

Again, the card explanations in the back mention that UNIT is played face-up in the reserve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a loaded question...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.