Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to get a confirmation if players still held to this.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10219232#10219232

I found this thread back in August. I can't seem to find anything specific in the rule book about when monsters are standing on the search counters - if heroes can still search.

I would suppose if the rules don't say otherwise, than yes, they can (search). It just seems a little odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you only need to be adjacent to search, we place that it doesn't matter if there's a monster or not. The requirements that you can search is that (normally) the hero is on or adjacent to the search token, and use a Search action. Did you satisfy those requirements? If so, you can search.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Triu Greykith
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Search tokens aren't chests; I think they are meant to be more abstract. They limit how often you can search, but don't represent a specific location (see Greedy). As LOS, movement, & other rules illustrate, D2E leans towards the abstract (at least for Ameritrash; hardly a full-blown Eurofluff).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
We also play it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much the only time you can't search when a monster is sitting on a search token, is when it is a large monster who's position prevents you from getting (as mentioned above) into an adjacent possy to that particular search token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.