Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK here was the situation: I was playing the Cleric, and had the Scroll of Teleportation. My buddy was the fighter and he had Kavan adjacent to him on my tile. During my Hero phase, I used the scroll to teleport the fighter AND Kavan to another tile. Now the wording on the wand specifies (and I'm paraphrasing here, don't have the card in front of me) "transport heroes from your tile to an adjacent tile". The wording is what threw us off here - does Kavan count as a hero for purposes of the Scroll of Teleportation? The movement rules for Kavan say he can move along with the active hero during their movement phase (as long as he's not the Young Vampire). Thematically it makes sense that I could teleport Kavan as well, but the card specifies "Heroes". So, did we play it wrong? We did end up winning because of it, I just want to see if we need to put an asterisk next to this win because of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike oldham
United States
lake station
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Adventure 5: Kavan and the Wand of Teleportation
i believe so if im not mistaking it says in the adventure it self treat Kaven as a hero when in villain phase so i would imagine that would act the same for items also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Myers
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Sounds perfectly acceptable to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blickley
United States
Brockton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I'll take it. Especially when it boiled down to be the winning move cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.