United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm new to owning games and I was looking for a cheap place to get card sleeves. Any suggestions? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
Damn, it feels good to be a hamster!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves

This is who I have used for every game so far. Cheep sleeves and for the most part the qualility is good. Every now and then I get a dud pack of sleeves that don't fit right, but the will always replace them and make it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
bournizzle wrote:
http://maydaygames.com/card-sleeves

This is who I have used for every game so far. Cheep sleeves and for the most part the qualility is good. Every now and then I get a dud pack of sleeves that don't fit right, but the will always replace them and make it right.

Thank you for the tip. Do they have shipping free if I get a certain amount?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bourne
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
www.earthbanana.com
badge
Damn, it feels good to be a hamster!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shop around for them. If you buy them off Amazon or an online retailer you may be able to get a deal on shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Estrick

Irvine
California
msg tools
Just remember... no matter what happens... I'll always love you. ALWAYS.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most websites that sell board games also sell accessories like sleeves, so I usually search several different sites and compare the prices for the overall order. I've used Amazon.com, covenantgames.com, maydaygames.com, fantasyflightgames.com, and ebay.com. It depends on what type of sleeve you want. Some are better quality than others (and thus cost more). For games that require a lot of heavy card use, I prefer Dragon Shield sleeves (they fit Dominion-sized cards). They are more expensive, but I've been very satisfied over the years with the quality. For other games that don't require that much handling/shuffling of the cards, I usually go for the cheaper quality ones.

And welcome to the wonderful world of game ownership!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lee
United States
West Columbia
SC
flag msg tools
badge
I love my wife!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir501 wrote:
Most websites that sell board games also sell accessories like sleeves, so I usually search several different sites and compare the prices for the overall order. I've used Amazon.com, covenantgames.com, maydaygames.com, fantasyflightgames.com, and ebay.com. It depends on what type of sleeve you want. Some are better quality than others (and thus cost more). For games that require a lot of heavy card use, I prefer Dragon Shield sleeves (they fit Dominion-sized cards). They are more expensive, but I've been very satisfied over the years with the quality. For other games that don't require that much handling/shuffling of the cards, I usually go for the cheaper quality ones.

And welcome to the wonderful world of game ownership!

Thanks that's helpful. The Dragon Shield sleeves look quite expensive. But I guess the quality is really good and would be suitable for cards that are frequently used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.