Popular Tags: [View All]
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
With the failure of our negotiating team's best efforts, and with cat incursions to wargame table top areas unimpeded, we reluctantly find ourselves in an arms race. Our army and air forces have pledged to defend us against the feline menace. "Constant Vigilance" is our motto!

For recon:

CAP:

Air-mobile forces:

Boots on the ground:

Internment camps:

And our latest invention, the Iron Dome:

Please wish us well in our efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Macc
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget asymmetrical warfare.

Diversion

Subversion

Hearts and Minds
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish you well!

I built a light weight pine frame to the dimensions of my gaming table, about 3 inches high, and covered in wire window screen. Place right over game whenever you're going to be away, pull it off and set along the wall when you're ready to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
enlightenedknave wrote:
Don't forget asymmetrical warfare.

Diversion

Subversion

Hearts and Minds

Hahaha! Ingenious! We'll flood their nation with catnip and they will lose the will to fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
blockhead wrote:
I wish you well!

I built a light weight pine frame to the dimensions of my gaming table, about 3 inches high, and covered in wire window screen. Place right over game whenever you're going to be away, pull it off and set along the wall when you're ready to play

I swear my cats have wire-cutters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
kiraly wrote:
blockhead wrote:
I built a light weight pine frame to the dimensions of my gaming table, about 3 inches high, and covered in wire window screen.

If I were a cat and saw that I would just urinate right through the screen.

Certainly understandable ...

if the game were

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blockhead wrote:
I wish you well!

Is it strong enough to take the weight of the cat if it climbs on top of it? I've gone from two old, fat cats that couldn't jump on anything to a 6 month old kitten that loves to climb. I've been thinking about trying to make some kind of table cover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The enemy of my enemy is my ally...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kiraly wrote:
If I were a cat and saw that I would just urinate right through the screen.

If I were a cat, I'd urinate everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hungadunga wrote:

I'm not a cat and I urinate everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunga Dunga
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fluffyevil wrote:
Hungadunga wrote:

http://www.france24.com/en/20121105-indian-wardens-bang-drum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -- Thucydides, 5th century BC
mbmbmbmbmb
fluffyevil wrote:
Hungadunga wrote:

I don't always urinate, but when I do, I try to do it on a cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had two cats at the time and it worked fine. The table in question was 4 x 8' sheet of plywood for playing EuroFront. The sides were 1x3" and several more connecting the long sides accross the top. So the screen covered gaps of maybe a 1 x 2'. A cat could walk across it.

Obviously a cat could also tear the screen, or bump the whole thing hard enough to dislodge it, which would knock a few units near the edge out of position maybe. But in ~ 5 years, they never messed up a game, something I'd bet would not be true without the cover.

Anyway, I'm sure you can make a better model that will be as cat proof as you like. I just banged this together with left over materials and it worked. The concept is the key, cover your table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
Delafield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Movember
mb
blockhead wrote:
I had two cats at the time and it worked fine. The table in question was 4 x 8' sheet of plywood for playing EuroFront. The sides were 1x3" and several more connecting the long sides accross the top. So the screen covered gaps of maybe a 1 x 2'. A cat could walk across it.

Obviously a cat could also tear the screen, or bump the whole thing hard enough to dislodge it, which would knock a few units near the edge out of position maybe. But in ~ 5 years, they never messed up a game, something I'd bet would not be true without the cover.

Anyway, I'm sure you can make a better model that will be as cat proof as you like. I just banged this together with left over materials and it worked. The concept is the key, cover your table!

Mike, please think DYI video. We await you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kluvon wrote:

Mike, please think DYI video. We await you!

Well, that was 10 years ago and a different house with no cats means I don't have any need for such a thing any more. Thanks for the enthusiasm though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.