Subject: attacking water areas and ports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Almanza
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in an adjacet water area, and you attack (march) another water area, does this only allow you to attack the water area and not the port, or can you attack both if they are in the same water area.

For instance I was marching with 4 ships from Ironman's bay into the golden sound against 3 ships in Lannisport's port. We debated if Greyjoy's ships merely blockade the port and wait another turn or since the port is in the sea area its legal to attack.

Help sort this out? Both have legitimate reasons to attack first, but what is a legal move?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ports are separate areas to sea areas. If there is a sea area between your ships and a port then you can't attack the port - adjacency is the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markús Ingólfsson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you can´t attack ports, they are made so the person who owns the port has a chance to regain the sea, the only way to conquer the port is to take the land connected to it via land force. Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Port and sea area are 2 completly separated ares
2. You never can attack a port

In your example Golden Sound is taken without battle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Almanza
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Ports cant ever be attacked? I thought you could if you're in the same sea area as the port and attack first, wouldn't this destroy the ships if there is no legal areas for the routed ships to retreat? this just seems odd since they can only attack you and you can only defend even if you have the advantage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TigerKing wrote:
So Ports cant ever be attacked? I thought you could if you're in the same sea area as the port and attack first, wouldn't this destroy the ships if there is no legal areas for the routed ships to retreat? this just seems odd since they can only attack you and you can only defend even if you have the advantage

You attack(capture) ports by attacking the adjacent land area.
Excuse my very lazy first answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TigerKing wrote:
Ports are never attacked directly.
You can destroy or capture the ships in a port by capturing the land area the port is connected to.
Ships in a port can attack, raid or support the adjacent sea area (they cannot interact directly with the connected land area).
They can also do CP action, which will generate 1 power token as long as the adjacent sea area is not occupied by ships of another house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.