Popular Tags: [View All]
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played as follows: Elves and Rohirrim are at war. If I want to recruit, I can recruit Elves only in Elven areas and Rohirrim only in Rohirrim areas (if they are not controlled by the enemy, of course).
I cannot recruit an Elf unit in, say, Helm's Deep.
Same goes for the SP: Sauron's forces only in his areas, Isengardian only in Isengard's areas etc. Correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZillaGod wrote:
You are correct!

Thank you for the quick answer. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kallisto wrote:
Thank you for the quick answer. Much appreciated.

You are most welcome Kallisto. Awesome game isn't it?! I just got the new expansion for the 2nd edition game and I can't wait to play with the new figures and elven ring rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Snow
msg tools
I have an extra question.
Can I recruit units in a conquered city, town or stronghold? For example: If Isengard conquers Helm's Deep, can Isengard recruit units in Helm's Deep?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Young
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not as a rule but there are some cards that allow recruiting where a shadow army is. If you have units there those cards work but not if the region is conquered but empty. All basic recruitment happens at "Home"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Snow
msg tools
Thanks for the help. I have already played 2 times and I have done it wrong. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Borders
United States
San Francisco Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This caused some confusion in my last game - I was teaching it to a new player, and while I was taught the rule as stated above (you can only recruit to settlements within your original start area), the rules seem to state differently.

From the rulebook:

Quote:
Recruit Reinforcements. Place Reinforcements into play: 1 Elite unit in any friendly and free Settlement.

Neither 'free' nor 'friendly' are explicitly defined anywhere, but from context throughout the rulebook, I would say that 'friendly' means 'belonging to the same player' (e.g. Isengard, Mordor, and S&E belonging to the Shadow player, and Elves, Dwarfs, Hobbits, Men, etc. belonging to the FP player. 'Free' I would guess as meaning 'still under control by the original owner.'

This would mean that the FP player would be able to recruit Elves at Helms Deep, or Dwarfs at the Grey Havens. Or, more likely, Wargs in Gol Dulgur.

I can't find any official word on this from FAQ or errata, so I figured I'd bring it up here.

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're quoting the Action Dice Reference Chart, which is an abbreviated summary of how Action Dice can be used. See page 26 for the full rules on recruitment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.