Subject: Missing cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my copy and found that I have only 20 bystanders, 20 wounds, and 20 Shield Officers.

Is this correct (and the rulebook wrong)? Or am I missing cards? If I am missing cards, did this happen to anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, are any of the scenarios unplayable without all 30 of the cards from each of those decks? I can't tell from just reading the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Moon
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
I just opened my copy and found that I have only 20 bystanders, 20 wounds, and 20 Shield Officers.

Is this correct (and the rulebook wrong)? Or am I missing cards? If I am missing cards, did this happen to anyone else?

I'm pretty sure that you're just missing the cards.

That sucks - especially if you were just getting ready to play.

I gave you Thumbs Up out of pity - it's a "Pity Thumb".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Leslie
United States
California
flag msg tools
Contact UD CS they will take care of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're definitely missing 10x of each of these. I have 30 of all of them.

In your place I would count everything else. I don't remember how the packs were organized in my box but I was under the impression that they had put different cards on the same sheets so as to print, say, 5x common sheets and automatically have 5 of each common card. The Wounds, etc, cards might have been with other cards on the sheet and they just gave you two out of three sheets. IIRC, you might be missing one copy of every uncommon (3x sheets of uncommons with 10 of each of these cards mixed in) and maybe some other cards that were on those sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will check.
Thank you!

Edit: Thanks again for the heads up!

Apparently, I am missing:
10 bystanders.
10 wounds.
10 SHIELD Officers.
1 of each uncommon card for all heroes!!
1 Skrull Queen and 1 Paibok.
1 Destroyer and 2 other Enemy of Asgard cards. (I do not know which ones. I do have both Ymir cards and both Enchantress cards).
1 Viper and 1 Supreme Hydra.

The only reason I'm posting the details is so that others with the same problem will know what to check for specifically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I read your first post, I was set to reply that you are going to be missing other important cards. The basic cards do not come in their own pack. They are spread throughout the packs with heroes and villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just glad I posted on BGG; otherwise, I would only have asked for the original 30 missing cards.

But, as it stands, I was able to fire off an extra email - thereby updating my problem.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
majkmajk majkmajk
msg tools
Just bought this game and am missing cards. rather crucial ones actually like doombot legion, meaning I technically cant play with Dr. Doom as mastermmind.

@OP: was it a hassle getting missing cards replaced and what did you do?

Cheers,
Majk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact Upper Deck and they'll send you the missing cards. Their QA department is fantastic by all accounts. It helps if you first make a list of which cards you are missing exactly. Do a full inventory. That's probably the only hassle.

http://www.upperdeck.com/customer-care/Legendary_Deck_Buildi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game yesterday and I'm missing the Masterminds, Schemes, Scheme twists, and a few of the Villians from one of the seven Villian Decks. It's about 48 or 50 cards. I'll keep everyone posted on how this is resolved.

Is there any updates for those that didn't have a receipt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All,
Here's an updated status. I found their QA to be very responsive and helpful, however they only ship FEDEX and that doesn't work for me.

Feb 4: I contacted Upper Deck via the link provided. All I did was say I was missing cards and their QA contacted me 5 Feb.

Feb 5: Upper Deck QA offered a complete list of all the cards in the base game, requested I double-check the missing cards, and send proof of purchase. Since I used Amazon, this was not a problem.

Feb 6: I provided the double-checked list of missing cards (48 total) and my proof of purchase.

Feb 7: Upper Deck QA sent e-mail confirmation that a case number was opened and I should expect my cards in the next "2 to 3 weeks."

Feb 25: Upper Deck called my house to ask if I had a street address to use for shipping. Long story short, I am in the military in Japan and had to use a relatives house because Upper Deck only uses a commercial shipping company (FEDEX) and can't ship to FPO addresses.

March 7: My family received the cards and is shipping to me as I type.

I'll update this again once I receive... wow, I didn't expect to wait a month...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bresnan
United States
Decatur
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my base game and after sleeving all the cards noticed I'm missing 5 cards (got an extra of another instead.) This is what I'm missing and what they gave me 1 extra of. I emailed UD CS so hopefully they'll be quick go get me the missing cards.

Destroyer (I received an extra Frost Giants card instead)
Viper (I received an extra Endless Armies of Hydra instead)
Supreme Hydra (I received an extra Hydra Kidnappers instead)
Skrull Queen Veranke (I received an extra Super Skrull instead)
Paibok, The Power Skrull (I received an extra Skrull Shapeshifter instead)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brezman wrote:
Just got my base game and after sleeving all the cards noticed I'm missing 5 cards (got an extra of another instead.) This is what I'm missing and what they gave me 1 extra of. I emailed UD CS so hopefully they'll be quick go get me the missing cards.

You are not missing any cards. Those villains are unique so they add extra copies of the generic villains to fill up the groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brezman wrote:

Yes, when I contacted Upper Deck they gave me a complete list of the cards with more detail (i.e. number of each card). Would it be useful if I posted it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archimedes21 wrote:
Yes, when I contacted Upper Deck they gave me a complete list of the cards with more detail (i.e. number of each card). Would it be useful if I posted it?

Sure! It will probably be useful to someone in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I'm on it... let me submit it and I'll see if the BGG Admin will accept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just post the list here. It can't be that long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Archimedes21 wrote:
No problem, I'm on it... let me submit it and I'll see if the BGG Admin will accept.

OK, here it is:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101445/legendary-deck-buil...

Let me know if it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Game Cards:
• 40 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Cards
• 30 S.H.I.E.L.D. Officer Cards
• 20 S.H.I.E.L.D. Trooper Cards
• 30 Wound Cards
• 30 Bystander Cards
• 11 Scheme Twist Cards
• 5 Master Strike Cards
• 20 Mastermind Cards – each has 1 main card & 4 different tactic cards: Magneto (5), Loki (5), Red Skull (5), Dr. Doom (5)
• 8 Scheme Cards: Portals to the Dark Dimension, Negative Zone Prison Breakout, Midtown Bank Robbery, Super Hero Civil War, The Legacy Virus, Secret Invasion of the Skrull Shapeshifters, Replace Earth’s Leaders with Killbots, Unleash the Power of the Cosmic Cube

Villain Game Cards:
• 40 Henchmen Villain Cards (10 Doombot, 10 Sentinel, 10 Savage Land Mutates, 10 Hand Ninjas)
• 8 Masters of Evil Cards (2 Whirlwind, 2 Ulton, 2 Melter, 2 Baron Zemo)
• 8 Radiation Villain Cards (2 Zzzax Cards, 2 Maestro, 2 The Leader, 2 Abomination)
• 8 Brotherhood Villain Cards (2 Blob, 2 Juggernaut, 2 Mystique, 2 Sabretooth)
• 8 Skrull Cards (1 Skrull Queen Veranke, 1 Paibok the Power Skrull, 3 Super-Skrull, 3 Skrull Shapeshifters)
• 8 Hydra Villain Cards (1 Supreme Hydra, 1 Viper, 3 Hydra Kidnappers, 3 Endless Armies of Hydra)
• 8 Spider Foes Cards (2 Green Goblin, 2 Doctor Octopus, 2 The Lizard, 2 Venom)
• 8 Enemies of Asgard (1 Destroyer, 2 Enchantress, 2 Ymir, 3 Frost Giant)

Hero Game Cards (Rare, Uncommon, Common):
• 14 Rogue Cards (1 Steal Abilities, 3 Copy Powers, 5 Borrowed Brawn, 5 Energy Drain)
• 14 Hulk Cards (1 Hulk Smash, 3 Crazed Rampage, 5 Unstoppable Hulk, 5 Growing Anger)
• 14 Thor Cards (1 God of Thunder, 3 Call Lightning, 5 Surge of Power, 5 Odinson)
• 14 Hawkeye Cards (1 Impossible Trick Shot, 3 Covering Fire, 5 Quick Draw, 5 Team Player)
• 14 Nick Fury Cards (1 Pure Fury, 3 Legendary Commander, 5 Battlefield Promotion, 5 High-Tech Weaponry)
• 14 Iron Man Cards (1 Quantum Breakthrough, 3 Arc Reactor, 5 Repulsor Rays, 5 Endless Invention)
• 14 Black Widow Cards (1 Silent Sniper, 3 Covert Operation, 5 Dangerous Rescue, 5 Mission Accomplished)
• 14 Cyclops Cards (1 X-Men United, 3 Unending Energy, 5 Optic Blast, 5 Determination)
• 14 Gambit Cards (1 High Stakes Jackpot, 3 Hypnotic Charm, 5 Card Shark, 5 Stack the Deck)
• 14 Spider-Man Cards (1 The Amazing Spider Man, 3 Web Shooters, 5 Great Responsibility, 5 Astonishing Strength)
• 14 Storm Cards (1 Tidal Wave, 3 Spinning Cyclone, 5 Lightning Bolt, 5 Gathering Stormclouds)
• 14 Deadpool Cards (1 Random Acts of Unkindness; 3 Hey, Can I Get a Do Over; 5 Oddball; 5 Here, Hold This For a Second)
• 14 Wolverine Cards (1 Berserker Rage, 3 Frenzied Slashing, 5 Healing Factor, 5 Keen Senses)
• 14 Emma Frost Cards (1 Diamond Form, 3 Psychic Link, 5 Mental Discipline, 5 Shadowed Thoughts)
• 14 Captain America Cards (1 A Day Unlike Any Other, 3 Diving Block, 5 Avengers Assemble!, 5 Perfect Teamwork)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bresnan
United States
Decatur
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I was going off of a spreadsheet that listed the distribution of the cards and it had mentioned 2 of each (so I guess whoever created the spreadsheet made an error.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
--Evil
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sprang for all the expansions yesterday because I enjoyed the base game so much.

Once I had everything sleeved, I had 2 sleeves left over from the possible 950 total card count.

Sorted through everything and discovered I am missing:

1x Punisher, Hostile Interrogation (Dark City)
1x Human Torch, Call for Backup (Fantastic Four)

Contacted UD QA via the provided link. We will see how this goes.

--Evil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fields
United States
Marinette
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilempire22 wrote:

OK! Let me know how it goes! (And welcome to the community!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
--Evil
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archimedes21 wrote:
evilempire22 wrote:

OK! Let me know how it goes! (And welcome to the community!)

Received an email reply this morning from UD QA indicating they were sending out replacement cards. I should receive them within 2 weeks. Woot!

--Evil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.