Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here. Let's go.

For Player Order: 1d6 = (6) = 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 216669. robbbbbb
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • For Player Order:
  • Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:57 pm
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmemphis wrote:
And we could use the same Phil Crew Cards or the Matt Deck...)

i vote for the matt deck... despite having no standing to vote... and an overwhelming bias...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Matt cards are used... remember that robot loyalty crew do not count towards your bernal crew limit. Other than that, they play as they read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let's organize ourselves a bit. Is everyone going to update their own turn or do we want a moderator to update the Vassal logs? I get to choose first for my faction? I'll choose Shimizu

I definitely vote we use dropbox for the logs BTW, who will share the log to the various emails? Maybe Sean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, I'll use the dropbox also. Take a look at this more tomorrow afternoon/evening.

WOOOOOOOOO! let's go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To review since most of you are probably on the same page already... We can use Vassal to take our turn as a vlog file and save it to drop box, manage auctions on the forum/email.

I'm sending an email with an drop box invite. I've created a folder to store the PBF vlog files for our game.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cj7o0ahdn0i9m0u/qamsuWTaR7

When using the Dropbox software, you can subscribe to the folder and have the files sync to a folder on your computer at home.

To review: When it is your turn, you can load the most recent .vlog file from the previous player. (You can get this from the dropbox file.) The current player will advance through the turns. Then at the end you start a new .vlog file and save it back to the drop box. (And probably post a summary to the PBF #6 forum.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmemphis wrote:
I saved the vlog for the setup in the Dropbox.

Which drop box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmemphis wrote:
Ehhhxcellent!!!
I choose UN.

Turn Order so far:

#1 Robb --
#2 Sam --
#3 Stephen --
#4 Sean -- UN
#5 Francisco - Shimizu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samuelw3 wrote:
seanmemphis wrote:
Ehhhxcellent!!!
I choose UN.

Turn Order so far:

#1 Robb --
#2 Sam --
#3 Stephen -- NASA
#4 Sean -- UN
#5 Francisco - Shimizu

I'll take NASA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn Order so far:

#1 Robb -- ESA
#2 Sam -- PRC
#3 Stephen -- NASA
#4 Sean -- UN
#5 Francisco - Shimizu

So, once we have the setup game file, we can start taking turns...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to whip up a version of my spreadsheet for Colonization, so we can keep track of the results here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm cooking dinner now, and then putting the kids to bed. After that's done I'll take my turn.

Wow. Really? The ESA? You guys let me keep the ESA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seanmemphis wrote:
I set up the DropBox folder for our 3er, too.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/3er%20ColonizWithPhilzCrew

uh, not sure I can keep up w/ both. I'll try, but this 3er might be a bit slower moving.

So many things going on for me, working 2 jobs, family etc. (not that the rest of you AREN'T busy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I get started here:

Have the card decks been shuffled? Should I shuffle everything and set up the game, and then take my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. After a false start, wherein I didn't understand VASSAL, I'm ready to go. I'll start by auctioning the Brayton Turbine. That comes with the Pebble Bed Fission and the Magnetocaloric Refrigerator.

I'll bid 2 WT. So:

ESA auctions Brayton Turbine, Pebble Bed Fission, Magnetocaloric Refrigerator wrote:
ESA - 2
PRC -
NASA -
UN -
Shimizu -

Next generator for auction is the In-core Thermionic.

Rules question re: Magnetocaloric. If I use the Pebble Bed Fission to drive the Brayton Turbine, and then the Brayton Turbine to drive the Magnetocaloric (so I have the three therms of necessary radiator), can I still use the Turbine to drive something else, like, say, an electric thruster? Or use the Pebble Bed to run the Cermet NERVA? How, exactly, does that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:

Next generator for auction is the In-core Thermionic.

Rules question re: Magnetocaloric. If I use the Pebble Bed Fission to drive the Brayton Turbine, and then the Brayton Turbine to drive the Magnetocaloric (so I have the three therms of necessary radiator), can I still use the Turbine to drive something else, like, say, an electric thruster? Or use the Pebble Bed to run the Cermet NERVA? How, exactly, does that work?

From my understanding, a support card can be used to support multiple other cards simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We should probably ask since this might result in a support supporting more than one card at once, in other cases the support like a radiator or generator was being used during the movement phase and then used for a different card in the operations phase. but this sounds different. Also does it make sense to operate a generator that requires cooling to power a device that will give it the cooling, isn't this a chicken and egg problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Year 2096 (Turn 1: ESA)

Technology Status wrote:
Technology Decks

Thrusters (8): Cermet NERVA
Robonauts (9): Explosive Gas Dynamic Laser
Refineries (7): Fluidized Bed
Generators (11): Brayton Turbine
Reactors (7): Pebble Ped Fission
Radiators (9): Magnetocaloric Refrigerator
GW Thrusters (9): Levitated Dipple D-D Fusion
Colonists (14): Microgravity Pantrophists
Bernals (5): Business Bernal

Player Turn Order

ESA wrote:
ESA (Robb Minneman) - 0 VP

Water = 4
Hand Cards = ESA Crew

PRC wrote:
PRC (Samuel Williams) - 0 VP

Water = 4
Hand Cards = PRC Crew

NASA wrote:
NASA (Stephen Woll) - 0 VP

Water = 4
Hand Cards = NASA Crew

UN wrote:
UN (Sean Bryan) - 5 VP

Water = 4
Hand Cards = UN Crew

Shimizu wrote:
Shimizu (Francisco Colmenares) - 0 VP

Water = 4
Hand Cards = Shimizu Crew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Brayton Turbine (Generator) + Pebble Ped Fission (Reactor) + Magnetocaloric Refrigerator (Radiator) wrote:
*ESA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - 2
PRC (4 WT : 0 Cards) - ?
NASA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - ?
UN (4 WT : 0 Cards) - ?
Shimizu (4 WT : 0 Cards) - ?

The next Generator is the In-core Thermionic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:
We should probably ask since this might result in a support supporting more than one card at once, in other cases the support like a radiator or generator was being used during the movement phase and then used for a different card in the operations phase. but this sounds different. Also does it make sense to operate a generator that requires cooling to power a device that will give it the cooling, isn't this a chicken and egg problem?

Follow up. I've sent emails to Matthew and Phil asking these questions. Though going through the component list, there seem to be very few cases where you might have a reactor, powering a generator, to power the fridge, while the same reactor might be used to power a thruster (with the fridge providing cooling to the thruster). I mean there ARE some cases but I suspect this might happen more often with the GW Thrusters than regular ones.

The chicken and egg problem: a strict reading of the rules would indicate that you could NOT use the therms of the fridge to provide cooling to supports that are actually powering your fridge. Basically the reactor/generator combo need to be operational to provide support to the fridge, that means they need a cooling source BEFORE you can operate the fridge. That's not actually a big deal because there are some electric generators that don't require cooling or other supports to provide power but most are heavy. And many black side generators also have no therm requirements.

EDIT: I'll have to correct the RET image when I get home since I didn't have a chance to upload PBF #6's version of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
colmenarez wrote:

[q="Brayton Turbine (Generator) + Pebble Ped Fission (Reactor) + Magnetocaloric Refrigerator (Radiator)"]*ESA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - 2
NASA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - 4?

NASA bids 4.

(may as well speed this up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brayton Turbine (Generator) + Pebble Ped Fission (Reactor) + Magnetocaloric Refrigerator (Radiator) wrote:
*ESA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - Pass
NASA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - 4?

And more power to you, NASA. I like three cards, but I like 4 WT more.

If anyone else wants to bid 4 WT, please do. At which point we'll have to negotiate as to whom I choose to win the auction. Make me your best offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pass. Then again I have insider trading information: The Magnetocaloric Refrigerator is going to change. Phil Eklund responded to my email saying he doesn't like the fact that his Fridge seems to violate the laws of Thermodynamics. He's talking about making the card half the cooling requirement (rounded down) of the collocated stack. Not sure if it will still require a generator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Williams
United States
Gahanna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbbbbb wrote:
Brayton Turbine (Generator) + Pebble Ped Fission (Reactor) + Magnetocaloric Refrigerator (Radiator)
*ESA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - Pass
PRC (4 WT : 0 Cards) - Pass
NASA (4 WT : 0 Cards) - 4
Shimizu (4 WT : 0 Cards) - Pass

[/q]

PRC Passes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
C'mon, UN. 4 WT and a free pass on the cycler and this card bounty is all yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.