Popular Tags: [View All]
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
With that kind of attitude, your future as a UN bureaucrat is virtually guaranteed!
Yep, they have instituted many such programs. Not like the USA which has never sterilised anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hinchliffe
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. You are full of amazing ideas lately! I support this wholeheartedly as well, but mainly because of my position as an unquestioning follower of your new religion. My faith is unbreakable. My child is getting a vasectomy tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tscook wrote:
I was with you until you got to the creating more humans part.

http://www.vhemt.org/
Wankers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Honest question... can you even physically give a vasectomy to a newborn baby? I mean... is it practically possible to administer one to a child at that early age?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lott
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nexttothemoon wrote:
Honest question... can you even physically give a vasectomy to a newborn baby? I mean... is it practically possible to administer one to a child at that early age?

actually I don't believe it is really all that possible. Perhaps, but it might cause complications as the baby has a lot of growing up to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, then we can avoid the problems of poverty, child abuse, and birth defects as only qualified parents could have children!

What an awesome idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously in support of this. We don't really need to save anything for artificial insemination though, that seems like a step backwards in an otherwise fantastic plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
I once had a person ask me to sign a petition to make it a state law that all dogs be spade or neutered.

I quickly surmised that she was a cat person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shogren
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:

So with this system implemented every new born male child gets a vasectomy.

For Pete's sake, why limit yourself to the future only? Why not retroactive abortions for everyone? The earth is likely to be better off without mankind than with it. If you really cared about the planet, you'd see your plan through with full intentions instead of parochial ones that save your own bacon while damning the rest of the species.

And why target just the males? Why not harvest the ova of all women and doll it out to the select few worthy of them?

You know... in the end, the only why to be sure is to nuke it from orbit. Your plan is just too risky. Why take chances?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
If nothing else, you've got yourself the beginnings of an interesting sci-fi movie here, Curt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
costguy wrote:
Hey, then we can avoid the problems of poverty, child abuse, and birth defects as only qualified parents could have children!

What an awesome idea.
Yep, the rich never abuse children.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CassSoren
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
With that kind of attitude, your future as a UN bureaucrat is virtually guaranteed!
Yep, they have instituted many such programs. Not like the USA which has never sterilised anyone.

You're kidding about the US not forcing sterilization upon anyone, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSoren wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

You're kidding about the US not forcing sterilization upon anyone, right?
yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
costguy wrote:

What an awesome idea.
Yep, the rich never abuse children.

Ah, but not qualified rich people.

You see we can form a government body to decide who is qualified.

Then we can move on from there to ensuring equal right for all like in Harrison Bergeron! What a brave new world we can build!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
What I was trying to get into here is that while pretty much everyone along the political spectrum despises poor people or the problems they cause and wishes they'd disappear, nobody really likes to discuss the underlying problem which exists due to both a lack of social mobility (uneducated people tend to produce uneducated children) and an adversely distributed urge to procreate (uneducated people tend to produce more children).

Judging from current economical trends, it is pretty clear that with continuing increases in productivity and population growth (primarily in poor countries), there will also be an increase in people who are simply useless, in an economic sense, because they don't possess any skills allowing them to contribute to society. In capitalism, such a useless person will automatically also be a sad person, unable to attain the goods which make others happy and subject to several government measures in exchange for staying alive.

Of course I would not implement the suggested extreme measure of neutering everyone, but I believe that every human birth, which was based on a conscious decision by the parents, will have an ultimately more pleasant life in a future dictated by a surplus of human capital. "The American Dream", "Das Wirtschaftswunder" or whatever the identical trend was called in your country, were merely based on a lack of human capital, relative to economic growth, so the individual possessed greater economical worth and consequently was able to attain better living conditions.

By the way, as mentioned in the opening post, this was never intended as a measure of eugenics, so I don't know what to reply to the people who thought it was. Maybe you were projecting your own fantasies of omnipotence.
They are useless until they are needed. This is a symptom of the safe society mentality. A good war or plague could well (assuming black death levels) kill of 80% of the population. As an example after WW2 Britain had to import people to fill jobs.

I also don't agree that planed parenthood does produce better parenting. I can think of many planed children who have been mistreated, and many unplanned ones who have had very happy lives. What makes a good or bad parent is the parent, not the circumstances of the conception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Heart full of soul, head full of shit
badge
Snob of the People
mbmbmbmbmb
nexttothemoon wrote:
Sure it is, assuming the testicles have descended. A vasectomy simply interrupts the vas deferens, which is the tube that connects the testicles to the remainder of the GU system, thus preventing the transport of sperm. The endocrine function of the testicles is not affected by a vasectomy, so it would not affect maturation in any way other than sterilization. Of course, male humans do not create sperm cells before puberty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody who is not a parent is qualified to be a parent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.