Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if Ultra Pro - Pro-fit sleeves will work with LotR cards without bending them?

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/178677

Description:
These sleeves are used to ensure gamers’ collectible cards are truly protected. They are clear sleeves precisely cut to fit inside a Deck Protector. 100 sleeves per pack.
(Regular sized [64mm x 89mm] for Magic, Pokemon, Race for the Galaxy, Thunderstone, Pandemic, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
without bending them as your are sleeving?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I mean if the sleeve are too tight for the card, forcing the card in there will cause the card to bow. Aren't these cards a bit wider than Magic the Gathering cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
they are a standard trading card size. They will fit with the pro-fit and they will be a little tight to sleeve, so they do have a tendency to bow. Unless you are double sleeving, the Pro-fit are a waste of money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
if you aren't going to double sleeve, then just go with the Ultra-Pro Premium 50 pack sleeves. Very nice sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using the Ultra Pro Deck Protectors (Standard Gaming Size 66x91), and they work very well.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
AWTama wrote:
they are a standard trading card size. They will fit with the pro-fit and they will be a little tight to sleeve, so they do have a tendency to bow. Unless you are double sleeving, the Pro-fit are a waste of money.

Are you thinking of the same sleeves? The pro-fit that the op linked to show a width of 64mm. I have been using FFG's own sleeves from the start and have never had a problem - and they are listed as being 63.5mm wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG's cardsleeves are the best for thier games imo. Of course, Coolstuff inc doesn't seem to have "gray"in stock at the moment... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
FFG's cardsleeves are the best for thier games imo. Of course, Coolstuff inc doesn't seem to have "gray"in stock at the moment... shake
There is a worldwide shortage. There have been none available in the UK for a couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was asking for the purpose of double sleeving, but I don't know if they will fit the LoTR cards well enough. However, I ordered a pack just to try it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't think you need to double sleeve the cards.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Double sleeve? People do that? I call shenanigans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to keep a drink nearby while I play and it's only a matter of time before it gets knocked over, even more so with a kid on the way.

Double-sleeving makes the cards completely waterproof. You could throw them all in the bath and submerge them if you wanted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really doubt you could do that (submerge them in water) without damaging the cards.

Maybe for a short moment, but eventually water will get through the gaps.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Last Bert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I accidentally started sleeving my game with the Ultra Pro pro fit sleeves (a newbie mistake), so I've carried on.

The first pack I used were a perfect fit, but subsequent packs have caused some bowing. After being stacked in the box for a while they have straightened out (I guess the sleeve stretches slightly?), or under a book if you're impatient

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
I really doubt you could do that (submerge them in water) without damaging the cards.

Bye
Thanee

I've seen several videos on YouTube of people sleeving in a pro-fit, and then taking a regular sleeve and putting the pro-fit in upside down, so that the open side goes in first.

They both submerged it in the sink afterwards. It creates a tight enough seal inside that water can't get it.

I wouldn't leave them in there for hours or anything though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Aguirre
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are my favorite sleeves. They are thick and the cards fit relaxed inside. I got the 3 last packs last week but I'm sure they'll get more.
The code at Coolstuffinc is: KMCCLEAR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how many microns thick the "pro fit" sleeves are? I've been using the standard clear ultra pro deck protectors for this game ($6.99 for 100 at Coolstuff) and they work great, nice and thick. I'd never heard of these pro fit ones before, these are cheaper but I'd be worried they are thinner and more like penny sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
I've seen several videos on YouTube of people sleeving in a pro-fit, and then taking a regular sleeve and putting the pro-fit in upside down, so that the open side goes in first.

They both submerged it in the sink afterwards. It creates a tight enough seal inside that water can't get it.

Not bad!

Quote:

Yeah, that makes sense.

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcourtney wrote:
Thanee wrote:

Bye
Thanee

Where the hell do you people play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Courtney
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
jcourtney wrote:
Thanee wrote:

Bye
Thanee

Where the hell do you people play?

Well, with double sleeved cards I can play outside during a rain storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ichabod Crane
South Korea
flag msg tools
What is the reference of the sleeves for LOTR LCG from Fantasy Flight?

And btw, When looking at the product description of the LOTR LCG Mirkwood subcollection I see "Fantasy Flight Supply 5 Protective Card Sleeves" in the right column but "2" and in each Adventure Pack description. What do these numbers mean.

Thanks,
Cedric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepow wrote:

And btw, When looking at the product description of the LOTR LCG Mirkwood subcollection I see "Fantasy Flight Supply 5 Protective Card Sleeves" in the right column but "2" and in each Adventure Pack description. What do these numbers mean.

Thanks,
Cedric

How many packets you need to sleeve all of the cards. So 60 cards in an adventure packet would require you to buy 2 packets of sleeves (50 cards card) resulting in 40 leftover sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleepow wrote:

Thanks,
Cedric

Their system is the color of the box tells you what sleeves to buy and the number in the box is how many packs will sleeve the game but probably with some extras. So 5 packs for the Core game and big box expansions and 2 packs for the adventure packs. But better to do the math yourself and figure out how many packs you need -- they come in packs of 50.

So for all the LOTR LCG cards you would use the gray pack sleeves (as the box is gray) http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=F...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone looking for some more FFG clear standard sleeves, it might be worth a trip to your local Barnes and Noble. I went to the two nearest me last weekend and was able to snag eight or nine packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.