Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any game images any more at Funagain. Tried Firefox and IE. Anyone else have this same problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
Works fine for me in Firefox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you can see this? http://images.funagain.com/cover/small/14440.jpg

I get "connection refused".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:

I see them....using Netscape @ work (will check at home later this afternoon using Firefox)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooky
United States
Canton
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using IE on my home connection and it worked for me. Maybe its some kind of firewall setting on your computer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:

Yep, I can see that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Vogt

Berlin
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too (Firefox 1.0.7)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something screwy with my DNS. I get an IP of 69.20.11.98 for that server. Can anyone check this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
Something screwy with my DNS. I get an IP of 69.20.11.98 for that server. Can anyone check this?

That's not what mine says. 69.20.124.182 is the address that my DNS returns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack! My DNS proxy has a bug. Obviously the IP changed, and it's not refreshing from the DNS host I give it. If I look it up manually through the configured host, I get the proper IP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
You aren't alone, FunAgain has had image display problems for a couple days now. But it appears fixed today.

I think their image server had DNS issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is on my end though. And I can't seem to force my DNS proxy to look refresh, even though the new IP is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know.

But there WAS a major image problem at FunAgain this week. I know, they wouldn't here or at my office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Funagain Games
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all -

Just wanted to update you all as to any image server issues we were having lately. About a week ago we switched our image hosting to a different server. However, since DNS doesn't update immediately, we left both old and new servers running concurrently for about 3 days. After that period, we stopped the old images server (traffic on the old images server had died down to a very small amount, and it was almost exclusively web robots). However, there always seem to be a few DNS hosts that have issues updating. My guess is that the issues any of you experienced were related to slow-to-update DNS servers. There *should* not have been any downtime at all for our image server for any users, but it looks like some of you were experiencing some downtime, and I definitely want to apologize for that.

We also moved our database to a new server last night, which took the entire website down for about two hours, but that shouldn't have had anything to do with DNS (and, actually, images.funagain.com should have been 100% accessible during that period).

Happy Gaming,
Funagain Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert .
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I see you guys are down, and have a notice saying you will be down for a few hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.