Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Panzer Players

I now have played three games of Panzer. One is almost finishing PBEM in Vassal and the other two solo.

I need now to leap into the advance rules. I would like to know if there is an order to slowly engage in the advance rules. I mean game by game I could add some particular rule so that I can assimilate them. I think there is no need to read all of the advance rules and memorize them to add some flavor to the basic game.

I hope I have been explicit in this matter...

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having delved into the advanced game yet, my own plan is to re-play the two basic scenarios using advanced AP fire plus advanced C&C rules. Then I'm not sure on how to proceed.
Cheers
Rafael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Vilnes
Norway
TØNBERG
flag msg tools
My experience is that once you have played the basic game, reading the rules for the advanced game is easy. Having played the basic game at least once makes the advanced rule fall into place much easier. Just avoid the scenarios with offboard artillery and airplanes first, and you should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
You have to, at least from a distance, look as if you know what you're doing, and I can manage that.
mbmbmbmbmb
SteViln wrote:
My experience is that once you have played the basic game, reading the rules for the advanced game is easy. Having played the basic game at least once makes the advanced rule fall into place much easier. Just avoid the scenarios with offboard artillery and airplanes first, and you should be fine.

Thanks Steinar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cawley
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Simple - start with a scenario that is all tanks and use the advanced rules, and ignore the advanced command rules at first, just giving everyone his own order. Also leave everyone seasoned quality. All you have added is the hit location and damage subsystems, which make the armor war much more realistic.

Next add the command rules, and you will have realistic formation command considerations. Vary the unit quality levels and have different formation quality on the two sides.

Now play a game that includes some towed guns, and you will have added the GP combat subsystem, without yet needing the close assault or close combat rules. (Overruns may come up, but not too likely).

Now play an infantry only game, just infantry and support weapons. This will bring out the issues with suppression and rally much more clearly than putting them in an already-busy, tank-heavy fight. It will also introduce the close combat rules, but you still won't need the close assault ones. Include some on map mortar teams to learn the basics of indirect fire procedures.

Next play with infantry and armor vs mostly infantry and guns, and you will get all those added rules for close assault. Might as well toss in off map artillery, too. Give the Russians some that is preplanned (plotted map fire), and the Germans some that is called. Add fortifications in this one, too.

Last, you can add planes and AA fire against them. Now you have the full advanced game.

For optionals, the next level is to add global morale and cohesion (units breaking once a formation's loss-limit has been exceeded, instead of fighting to the last man).

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rui Serrabulho
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonC wrote:

Simple - start with a scenario that is all tanks and use the advanced rules, and ignore the advanced command rules at first, just giving everyone his own order. Also leave everyone seasoned quality. All you have added is the hit location and damage subsystems, which make the armor war much more realistic.

Next add the command rules, and you will have realistic formation command considerations. Vary the unit quality levels and have different formation quality on the two sides.

Now play a game that includes some towed guns, and you will have added the GP combat subsystem, without yet needing the close assault or close combat rules. (Overruns may come up, but not too likely).

Now play an infantry only game, just infantry and support weapons. This will bring out the issues with suppression and rally much more clearly than putting them in an already-busy, tank-heavy fight. It will also introduce the close combat rules, but you still won't need the close assault ones. Include some on map mortar teams to learn the basics of indirect fire procedures.

Next play with infantry and armor vs mostly infantry and guns, and you will get all those added rules for close assault. Might as well toss in off map artillery, too. Give the Russians some that is preplanned (plotted map fire), and the Germans some that is called. Add fortifications in this one, too.

Last, you can add planes and AA fire against them. Now you have the full advanced game.

For optionals, the next level is to add global morale and cohesion (units breaking once a formation's loss-limit has been exceeded, instead of fighting to the last man).

I hope that helps.

That helps a lot Jason. Thanks.
I will follow that order but I know that would take me a lot of time to go through all those "stages".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.