Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally found this game at a online shop, advertising the box with a wooden ark.

Today the game arrived, but unfortunately it was with the cardboard ark in a plastic stand. I contacted the site I purchased the game from and they told me they don't have any copies left with the wooden ark.

Now, I know the game is just as playable without the wooden ark, but I also read somewhere the tiles were of lesser quality in the edition without the wooden ark.

Does anyone know from which publisher I might be able to still get the game with the wooden ark, or just the ark by itself?
Or does someone know where else to get this game/the ark?

The company I purchased the game from is willing to give me a full refund if I shred/tear up the entire game and show them pictures!! gulp seems a little drastic to me...cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, have the cardboard ark and would say that the tiles are of very good quality and thickness. I can't imagine them any better. I wouldn't shred the game just for the wooden ark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I had both editions. They tiles were definitely different. I know this because the reason for getting multiple copies was the potential to homemake expansion tiles.

I wouldn't say that the quality was any different as they were the same thickness. What I recall was that the finish was slightly different - one was more glossy. It was possible one of them had a linen finish to the main side. I also want to say the backs were slightly different in shade - one being more black and the other more gray.

As to trying to hunt down a copy of the game, the US distributor is long out of business. You might be able to find it through the German distributor, which I thought was Hans im Gluk. So you could try them.

The ark is just a show piece. I wouldn't ditch this copy just for that. If you are intent on having it and can't locate it, it wouldn't be hard to build. It is just 4 pieces - two long pieces similar to a Catan road, and two square pieces, one smaller than the other. If you want exact dimensions, I could look it up for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You're not the first to have this problem, and since I have a bandsaw and no sense of what is and isn't worth my time, I whipped up a few arks. They are *almost* exactly like the ones with the game. You'd have to have the two side by side and scratch at the surface to tell them apart. Geekmail me and we can easily come to an arrangement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phytoman wrote:
I wouldn't shred the game just for the wooden ark.

And I'm not going to! That would hurt way too much, haha...

The game is perfectly fine and it's brand new and all. So I'm gonna keep it, but if I ever find a separate Ark or the Ark-Edition of the game for a low price, I might re-purchase it and use some tiles as extra's...meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
If you want exact dimensions, I could look it up for you.

That seems like a fun project, I might consider. If you could post the Dimensions, that would be very kind of you... meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
Geekmail me and we can easily come to an arrangement...

You''ve got mail...meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Khonnor wrote:
andreww wrote:
Geekmail me and we can easily come to an arrangement...

You''ve got mail...meeple

So does that mean you don't need the dimensions now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just considering and exploring my options...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The two poles are 5x5x41mm.

The larger square piece is 22x22x7mm.

The top piece is 12x12x3mm.

That's measured quickly off of a copy, not the original. I'll try to get that out later and double check.

I had trouble finding hobby wood in these dimensions, so I had to sand to reduce thickness to get things right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
That's measured quickly off of a copy, not the original. I'll try to get that out later and double check.

Did you get my GM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also be able to find a cheap copy of the Indiana Jones DVD Game:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

For the record I got out the calipers, magnifying glass, and my original ark.

The poles are 5x5x42mm.

The box is 22x22x7mm.

The top is 11x11x4mm.

I hope to fire up the bandsaw this week to make some dice towers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.