Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
hi
we have been playing this awsome game for about 6 months now and we have until this week, been playing it so that you can (providing you have enough food) play all your occupations at once, when you place a worker on the space.
That is for example, if I managed to get 6 food, I could play all 7 occupations out at once.

This week, one of our group said he had been reading an online play session and the players kept saying they played 1 occupation at a time.

He said when he asked why they did this, he was told that this is actually the correct rule. You can only play 1 occupation at a time.

We tried this and to me it didn't seem as enjoyable an experience, the game seemed slower paced and a large part of the game ie the cards seemd to lose their importance as you were never really going to play more than a couple of occupations out.so I just wanted to check is this correct?

Is the correct ruling the only 1 occupation at a time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Detsky
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 occupation at a time. In the beginning, I also played like you, multiple occupations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Choosing which occupations to play becomes much more strategic when you play it correctly.

And you know you can only play one improvement at a time right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah
we'd always played the improvements one at a time and I had often wondered why the game seemed to allow you to play out all your occupations but you invariably had 5 minors left at the end of the game. Now I know.
thanks for the quick replies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that there are a few cards that either allow multiple Ocks to be played in one action or played in response to other players' moves. But, yes, the general rule is one action, one Ock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Huang
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Round 1 as Starting Player.

1) Pilgrim/any Occ that gives you immediate food + any 4W Occ + 2 more Occs
2) SP+Animal Pen.

That'd be a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.