7 Posts

Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: adding more colo(u)red cubes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelvin Lam
Australia
flag msg tools
After watching this on TableTop in which they lost by running out of blue cubes, I am wondering if increasing the amount of colo(u)red cubes for each disease would:

1. make the game last a little longer/make the game easier?

and

2. could this be used when scaling the difficulty along with the number of epidemic cards in the deck? (less for harder difficulties and more for easier difficulties)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
It would definitely make it a little easier/potentially longer, though I find that running out of cubes is probably the least frequent way to lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Soft yes
2. Soft yes

BUT:

In my experience this is not the most common way for the game to end, nor is it the biggest threat to the players.

I think it's pretty perfectly balanced and messing with it is unnecessary. This said Each to their own. If you are having particular problems with this perhaps start with the medic and ensure that you are correctly playing the rules.

EDIT:
I realise now, having re-read your post, that you've not played this game.

Rules are online if you'd like to have a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
It would definitely make it a little easier/potentially longer, though I find that running out of cubes is probably the least frequent way to lose.

I completely agree. It's probably not worth doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:
cferejohn wrote:

I completely agree. It's probably not worth doing.

I too agree. In my experience the game usually ends when the deck runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Moore
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind on Tabletop they played with all the epidemics. The hardest setting.

In my opinion that was poor judgement to show new people a game. Just reduce the epidemics to 3 or 4 till you get good at that then add another. The epidemic cards are the way to change the difficulty. You will find your level of difficulty you enjoy. Play that way till you feel the need for more challenge.

The More Epidemic Cards in the game the higher chance of Outbreaks. This increases the chance of running out of cubes. Although loosing down the outbreak ladder is more likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelvin Lam
Australia
flag msg tools
monkeyhandz wrote:
1. Soft yes
2. Soft yes

BUT:

In my experience this is not the most common way for the game to end, nor is it the biggest threat to the players.

I think it's pretty perfectly balanced and messing with it is unnecessary. This said Each to their own. If you are having particular problems with this perhaps start with the medic and ensure that you are correctly playing the rules.

EDIT:
I realise now, having re-read your post, that you've not played this game.

Rules are online if you'd like to have a look.

will do! really interested in playing this as well, i was merely looking for an experienced player's opinion of such a scenario's viability in terms of balance and overall fun factor of the game and i am seeing some good responses.

EDIT: picked up the game earlier today so can't wait to try it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.