Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hobbs
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our family decided this year we would change up our normal gift giving rotation and make DIY gifts for a randomly drawn family member. I was lucky enough to draw my stepbrother, with whom we've been gaming regularly. So I had to make him a game, of course. I decided to go with something relatively straightforward, since I wanted to be sure it came out well, and I wanted it to be a good game. Though I hadn't played it myself, Micropul looked to be a good fit.

I started by printing the Carthaginian blue/green set on full-sheet label stock. I then found a really nice mounting board at Joann Fabric (http://www.joann.com/pres-on-mounting-board-9-x12-/xprd78073...). It has a self adhesive side, to which I stuck a nice piece of craft paper to make the backs of the tiles look finished. The opposite side got the printed label stock, and I covered that with clear contact paper. Sliced apart with a rotary cutter and a straight edge, the tiles were complete.

The bag was sewn from two fabric quilting squares following the directions I found here (http://www.bemygoth.com/elegant-dice-bag-tutorial/). I'm not a sewer but was very happy with the result.

Finally, the rulebook is a sliced up version of Chaddyboy_2000's very nicely laid out carthaginian-style rules, re-laid out to turn it into a pocket mod style rulebook. I printed it out, folded it up, and glued all the folded bits together to make a very nice compact ruleset.

Overall a very fun project, and I'm definitely going to make myself one as well.

Edit: Some clean-up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.