Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Fantasy Flight Games holiday sale until 3rd of December rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw that FFG has a big holiday sale on.
Android for $25; Pyramid of Horus, Black Gold and Isla Dorado for $20 (MRSP50-60) and Consantinopolis for $15.

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/client/client_pages/sale...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Avatar
Yeah, it's been up for a few days now. The shipping is a pain. I mean, I'm better off ordering 100 at CSI or even less at Amazon. The prices come to around the same.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
Yeah, it's been up for a few days now. The shipping is a pain. I mean, I'm better off ordering 100 at CSI or even less at Amazon. The prices come to around the same.

That doesn't seem right. I ordered Adventurers ($20 vs $32), the painted minis for that game ($15 vs $22), the promo for that game ($5 vs not available) and Horus Heresy ($25 vs $66). Almost every single item on that order I saved more than the total shipping of that order, and altogether it was a major discount. Add to that the promo's that were part of the sale and that are very hard to find, and you'll have to agree the FFG holiday sale was again pretty great.

I have to admit, I look forward to this every year. :)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Amora
Brazil
Fortaleza
Ceará
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think 20 bucks of shipping on a big box, 2 medium square boxes and lots of little ones are that pain. Specially with Horus Heresy
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flabbergasted Rhino
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
badge
Get Schwifty
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloAmora wrote:
I don't think 20 bucks of shipping on a big box, 2 medium square boxes and lots of little ones are that pain. Specially with Horus Heresy


Within US borders it's great. Outside of the US the shipping can be brutal.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting,

I saw several posts with people wondering when it was going to start, but this is the first one I noticed with news that it started.

This is the first time in a long time that I bought more for me then for gifts.

While not the great deals they use to have, even with shipping it was under what I would have paid for them at CSI w/free shipping AND 10% off.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't buy a game but I did buy two of each color of their wooden token packs. Worked out to $3 a pack after shipping (vs $10 msrp). Good for game pimping, print and play, or just for spare parts.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flabbergasted wrote:
PauloAmora wrote:
I don't think 20 bucks of shipping on a big box, 2 medium square boxes and lots of little ones are that pain. Specially with Horus Heresy


Within US borders it's great. Outside of the US the shipping can be brutal.

Yeah, it's another deal with low benefits for overseas gamers. Thought I post it anyway so that everyone can decide for themselves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Magnifico, if you need it, is $23.50 at Time Well Spent. I see it's sold-out on this sale.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever have one of those single friends who you thought was a really awesome person, but you know that you didn't want to date them because it wouldn't work out (and maybe you know that because you tried), but you think that they're an amazing person and really deserve someone who appreciates them, even though you realize it can't be you, and you feel like their unfortunate glaring flaws might make it difficult to realize all the wonderful things about them, so you sort of want to set them up with other friends of yours, because you know someone will really appreciate how amazing a person they are, even though some people (yourself included) just won't be able to get past the flaws?

This is how I feel about the Android board game. If you're up for a blind date, pick it up for $25.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Did you ever have one of those single friends who you thought was a really awesome person, but you know that you didn't want to date them because it wouldn't work out (and maybe you know that because you tried), but you think that they're an amazing person and really deserve someone who appreciates them, even though you realize it can't be you, and you feel like their unfortunate glaring flaws might make it difficult to realize all the wonderful things about them, so you sort of want to set them up with other friends of yours, because you know someone will really appreciate how amazing a person they are, even though some people (yourself included) just won't be able to get past the flaws?

This is how I feel about the Android board game. If you're up for a blind date, pick it up for $25.


Lol, this post may have just convinced me to buy it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.