Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Guzman
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Here is a link.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/board-game-blowout?internal_camp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
feezee wrote:

I tend to keep my eye on Tanga and I'm not sure I'm seeing a single price drop of note.

Gozanda is 15.99 where it was 16.99 a couple days ago. There must be others, but I'm not at all impressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
From a quick look through, compared to the current regular prices (see [Closed] Ye Olde Tanga Board Game Liste), they've dropped the price of each game listed here by $1.

(Even the Dominion Big Box, which went from $65 all the way down to $64. BLOWOUT!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runs with scissors
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't see anything I wanted, but hope springs eternal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shipping kills their otherwise decent prices as usual. Still, always worth checking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea...sigh. Still tempted by War of the Ring, I have a 20% off coupon and its tempting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hornburg
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I miss the old Tanga. The original Tanga. I really do.

The Tanga where people were frothing at the mouth because they were spitting out great deals on hot games. Games people wanted, dammit!

People would sit at their laptops and hit

refresh
refresh
refresh

over and over again.

Not this Cleopatra's Caboose or some of the other shite that's been on there now for the last 6 months. Has anyone been excited by their game choices lately?

Not I.

Come back to us, Tanga of old!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices are the same as they were two days ago (I know, because I bought Gonzaga five days ago when it was a dollar more expensive).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petegrey wrote:

The Tanga where people were frothing at the mouth because they were spitting out great deals on hot games. Games people wanted, dammit!

People would sit at their laptops and hit

refresh
refresh
refresh

over and over again.

Not this Cleopatra's Caboose or some of the other shite that's been on there now for the last 6 months. Has anyone been excited by their game choices lately?

Not I.

Come back to us, Tanga of old!

Agree - I haven't wanted anything off Tanga in so long I can't remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
Silly Tanga, have a free shipping deal and I'd order from you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art C

Beaverton
Or
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or at least allow combining shipping on unlike items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yffip wrote:

Tanga is just a middleman to warehouses. Odds are very high that Item #1 and Item #2 from Tanga are in completely separate warehouses owned by completely separate distributors and thus are shipped separately. The shipping costs can't really be combined.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BagelManB wrote:
yffip wrote:

Tanga is just a middleman to warehouses. Odds are very high that Item #1 and Item #2 from Tanga are in completely separate warehouses owned by completely separate distributors and thus are shipped separately. The shipping costs can't really be combined.

They seem to drop ship, aka stock less retailer, so no combined shipping.

Tanga at one time had the feeling of a gaming place, now?

One of those many stores outside Disney World in Kissimmee, Florida full of nothing more than cheap trinkets.

The odd thing is toysforthought seems to carry the same stuff at Tanga's prices, before Tanga five and dimes their prices down over 6 to 12 months. Frontiers the Board Game isn't a bad game to pickup from Tanga, would be better if the same price somewhere else to help to fill out an order for free ship. Well, guess you could buy 6 copies from Tanga.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
petegrey wrote:

Are you sure it isn't the same Tanga, with the difference being that your closets are now full?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Flowood
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I allow combined shipping if items are from same warehouse?

Also I miss the bags of Tanga trash that had board games in them. I use to check everyday for them. But they seemed to stop doing them as often as they use to. Oh well I don't need to waste the money anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanga should just include the price of shipping in the cost of the item and then claim free shipping for the item. For example, right now they have Gonzaga for $15.99 plus $6.99 shipping for a total of $22.98. If they listed Gonzaga for $22.98 with free shipping, that would still be a pretty good deal and the lowest price I could find. And they would get people over the psychological hurdle of charging for shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattwolfe wrote:
Tanga should just include the price of shipping in the cost of the item and then claim free shipping for the item. For example, right now they have Gonzaga for $15.99 plus $6.99 shipping for a total of $22.98. If they listed Gonzaga for $22.98 with free shipping, that would still be a pretty good deal and the lowest price I could find. And they would get people over the psychological hurdle of charging for shipping.

Except, according to a couple other threads, the hurdle of shipping to Canada.
((ducking behind my desk))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:

Gozanda is 15.99 where it was 16.99 a couple days ago. There must be others, but I'm not at all impressed.

Careful - now its $15.75!

I think they're dropping everything a bit more. Looks like about a quarter so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so tired of Tanga's Blowout sale(s), sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
How is Magestorm? I've been debating on picking that one up and for $17.99 that's not to bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to try it I picked up two copies - I think they'll either come today or tomorrow - I'll bring one to game night

Jaric wrote:
How is Magestorm? I've been debating on picking that one up and for $17.99 that's not to bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that works to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattwolfe wrote:

i agree but it seems to work well. hot deals forum here is littered with tanga posts with good prices in title then you click it and see person forgot to include shipping price when comparing. guess it gets at least one person to buy (the person who creates the threads)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattwolfe wrote:

Except human nature doesn't work that way. If you see a high initial price, you don't get excited and just pass the offer by. When you see a low initial price suddenly it's a deal! Part of you says "That sucker is mine!" When you see the price of shipping, you've already made the mental leap to owning the game which changes the equation. Now the act of not buying is the mental equivalent of losing something you already consider yours and loss aversion kicks in. You're much more likely to go through with the buying decision than if they just put the combined price with shipping up front.

It's an effective way to manipulate people, but pretty crappy from a customer standpoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
BauMeister wrote:

...what a way to greet your customers.
*closes Tanga tab*

Particularly since it's a bit of a lie. They don't usually end the sale prices right when the sale ends... and this is no exception. All these game still appear to have their "blowout" discounts. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.