Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know if there are any plans to either revive the R&R trilogy of games under the VG banner, or at the very least, give Soviet Dawn a much needed component facelift? While I would like to see the three games packaged as planned, it would go a long way to have a boxed version of Soviet Dawn as a consolation prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nameless Necromancer
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Do what yhou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley
badge
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quite disappointed at GMT's decision on this. Soviet Dawn in any form is needed to complete my collection of games on the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Comrades, the Gold Banner Revolution marches on at Fortress VPG. Assuredly, there will be a Red Banner Edition of our beloved Soviet Dawn. Until that moment, each cell is to prepare themselves and await orders from Comintern.

I would humbly recommend checking out the SD2-Bolshevik Edition => http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/76168/soviet-dawn-2-0-...

Patience, comrade. Patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In our last company newsletter, we announced that each of those games from the R&R set will be published as a boxed, Gold Banner edition game from Victory Point Games, starting next year.

Darin Leviloff and I have exchanged emails and phone calls specifically regarding his vision for 2nd edition Soviet Dawn. Patience...

Alan Emrich
Victory Point Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news indeed and thanks for the reply....by the way, some VPG links are dead on BGG, including the one on the Soviet Dawn page...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Swain
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on when we might see a Soviet Dawn Gold Box version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Cark
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soviet Dawn will be included in the next issue of C3i
http://www.gmtgames.com/p-462-c3i-magazine-issue-27.aspx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Falcon

Fords
New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok...VPG's recent newsletter highlights that they are returning to their roots and concentrating on board games. On the one hand I am disappointed that there will probably be no more State of Siege games for IOS, but on the other hand I hope this means that Soviet Dawn will be upgraded to a deluxe box version soon. By the way I just ordered Cruel Necessity so I will be contentfor some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.